    static overlap.

    i am new to PIX and is still learning.

    any help is much appreciated.

    News, Jul 10, 2003

  2. News

    Blackpat Guest

    can you send the config?

    generally when you have this error, you try to make static with one or more
    same ip
    for example :

    192.168.1.0 255.255.255.0
    192.168.1.5 255.255.255.255

    no need the second line, already include in the first

    regards

    Blackpat, Jul 10, 2003

  3. :Need some help on PIX.

    :I have an email server that will be hosting a second domain name. Domain 1
    :is working fine. When I want to put it a 2nd static, it says it say Error:
    :static overlap.

    You cannot static multiple public IP addresses to the same
    private IP address.

    You have two choices that I can think of:

    1) Modify the DNS entries to point to the same public address
    and set up virtual WWW servers; or

    2) Add a second NIC to the server with a second address
    [Note: depending on the OS, this might not be possible unless
    the second address is in a different subnet than the first
    address.]

    Walter Roberson, Jul 10, 2003
  4. News

    Rik Bain Guest

    or

    3.) add second IP address to existing NIC

    Rik Bain, Jul 10, 2003
  5. Hi All,

    Or you could just use host headers for your web site, its a perfectly
    acceptable method of hosting multiple websites on 1 ip address.

    Mike

    Michael Hatzis, Jul 10, 2003