    (microsoft.public.excel)
    Thanks.
    Giovanni

    GRL, Oct 23, 2005

  2. GRL

    why? Guest

    The 1040 suggests this is a non US / English installation. Looks like
    there is an incorrect link to an old helpfile. The xlfct , could be XL
    function , E for the language? RF1 , reference 1 ??
    Searching MS Technet DVD , no result for xlfctERF1 , nothing from the MS
    link below, xlmain11.htm mentioned in 2003 SP2 update.

    Couldn't avoid Google,
    http://www.bettersolutions.com/exce...0819231714/167771717242481923171401517233.htm

    Try the MS KB site ,

    Me

    why?, Oct 23, 2005

  3. GRL

    Alan Guest

    I'm not sure I understand your problem. What do you mean "the Guide"?
    is this a specific formula you are entering?

    Alan, Oct 23, 2005
  4. GRL

    GRL Guest

    Sorry, I was inaccurate: saying "Guide" I just mean the help file, which
    opens correctly, except when I want to open a reference. At that point, it
    happens what I'm trying to avoid.
    Thanks.

    GRL, Oct 23, 2005
  5. GRL

    GRL Guest

    Thank you, I had already tried to find something in MS, no result. I suppose
    that there is a problem related to the settings of IE, but I'm not able to
    go further.

    GRL, Oct 23, 2005
  6. GRL

    why? Guest

    What makes you think it's a problem with IE?

    It looks more like you are using the help file, finding a keyword , then
    clicking on a term within the window / IE webpage (in this case a
    compiled help file, which open in IE) , it's there the operation falls
    over.

    It appears it is because in the country (Italian) specific folder
    OFFICE11\1040\ the is a missing file xlfctERF1.htm for that language.

    What was it you were looking for in the help file for?

    I only have Office Pro Enterprise 2003 English and can't find
    xlfctERF1.htm either.

    There are a number of Office and Excel newsgroups, try those, besides
    the public.excel group you already posted in.

    There are some Italian specific MS groups
    http://groups.google.com/groups/dir?sel=33607589&expand=1

    Me

    why?, Oct 23, 2005