Error occurred during initialization of VM java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/

Discussion in 'Software' started by emerald, May 11, 2006.

  1. emerald

    emerald

    Joined:
    May 11, 2006
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hi all,

    I installed JDK 1.5.05 on my sun box workstation successfully. But when i try to run my script, it failed.

    Error occurred during initialization of VM java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object

    i have updated the classpath:
    # which java
    /SUNWj5rtx/reloc/jdk/instances/jdk1.5.0/bin/sparcv9//java

    and all permissions of the files in the dir has been change via:
    chmod 777 *

    In fact, i couldnt even run the java file.
    # java
    Error occurred during initialization of VM java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object

    I'm urgently seeking for help. Would appreciate if anyone can provide advice. Thanks.

    emerald, May 11, 2006

  2. emerald

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    Ok that look like Jargo coming out a mug of coffee. JAVA just aint my cup of tea!

    Try a JAVA Development forum for more help on ur JDK issue :)

    unholy, May 12, 2006

  3. emerald

    emerald

    Joined:
    May 11, 2006
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    Opps. sure, thanks

    emerald, May 13, 2006
  4. emerald

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    Yeah, you probably would get an answer on the JDF, I don't visit there often as I'm not a Java developer, but I just had to go there this evening because of an odd problem I had with one of my sites and a java plugin. LOTS of info there.

    Here, we're more about hardware, specifically PC hardware.

    The Modfather, May 14, 2006