Error messages while installingusing software for exam preparation (70-290)

Discussion in 'MCSA' started by Michael Portner, Jun 6, 2009.

  1. Hi together,

    I just installed the electronic exam preparation software (Microsoft Press
    Readiness Review Suite) from the original Microsoft Training CD that
    comes with the book "Managing and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows
    Server(TM) 2003 Environment" (70-290).During installation the this first
    error comes up:

    "The Windows Installer service cannot update the system file
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\msxml3r.dll because the file is protected
    by Windows."

    The installation continues after confirming the error message with OK.
    Unfortunately there are further errors when I try to start the
    application.While starting the application the error in this next error
    is shown:

    Window title: "Application Error"
    Window text:
    "Error Number: 1000
    Error Source: frmMain.MDIForm_Load
    MDIForm:Load
    [MsLocalWare] [429] ActiveX component can't create object"

    When I choose "StartNew Test" from the "Test" menu the third error
    appears:

    Window title: "Microsoft Press Readiness Review Suite"
    Window Text:
    "Run-time error '91':
    Object variable or With block variable not set"

    Closing this error causes the whole application to quit.

    I searched for information about the error in the internet but couldn't
    find any suitable hints. The Microsoft Knowledgebase contains
    articles concerning ActiveX errors but not exactly with this application.

    I tried to use the software with "Windows XP SP3" as well as with
    "Vista Ultimate SP1" - in both cases the sameerrors appear. Both
    operating systems are the German version.

    I already tried to install several versions of Microsofts MSXML Parser
    and even updated the msxml3r.dll seperately by turning off system file
    protection.

    What shall I do to solve the problem?

    Thank you for your efforts!

    Best regards,