    Or is it time to get the computer man?

    I've tried restarting the computer.

    Geopelia

    geopelia, Nov 18, 2013

  2. geopelia

    geopelia Guest

    All is well. The posts went from the Outbox just now.
    So I didn't need to do anything.
    Perhaps something fixed itself overnight, though the computer was switched
    off.

    geopelia, Nov 18, 2013

  3. geopelia

    David Empson Guest

    Hi Geo

    It wasn't a problem with your computer: it was a temporary problem with
    the Eternal-September news server that you (and I) are using.

    For some time starting on Monday evening (NZ time), anyone trying to
    post a message using Eternal-September got the same '441 220' error that
    you noted. The administrator at Eternal-September fixed it before 6 AM
    Tuesday (NZ time).

    David Empson, Nov 18, 2013
  4. geopelia

    geopelia Guest

    Thank you. It's good to know it wasn't this computer, or something stupid I
    might have done :)

    geopelia, Nov 18, 2013
  5. geopelia

    geopelia Guest

    Thank you. If I get the same message again in future I'll just wait and see
    what happens.

    geopelia, Nov 18, 2013
  6. Thank you. If I get the same message again in future I'll just wait and see
    what happens.[/QUOTE]

    Suggest checking the group eternal-september.support. There's often
    something there quite quickly if the problem is major ... even if it's only
    someone complaining, it indicates a problem larger than 1 person/computer.
    :)

    Bruce Sinclair, Nov 19, 2013
  7. geopelia

    geopelia Guest

    That's a good idea, thank you.

    geopelia, Nov 19, 2013
  8. geopelia

    geopelia Guest

    I've just tried eternal-september support and a message about it is there.

    geopelia, Nov 19, 2013
  9. geopelia

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Yep, confirmed. I got it too and just waited it out. It's an excellent free
    service that rarely has problems - and when they do they tend to fix them
    quite quickly. ;-)
    --
    /Shaun.

    cozy little classification in the DSM."
    David Melville (in r.a.s.f1).
    [Sent from my OrbitalT ocular implant interface]

    ~misfit~, Nov 19, 2013