error message when trying to enable Internet Connection Sharing

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Guest, Jan 25, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    HI,
    I am having a problem with re-enabling my ICS. I use a wireless laptop
    (win xp pro sp2) to connect to our home wireless network. I use my laptop
    and my wireless adapter(with ISC enabled) to connect to my playstation 2 to
    play games online. Everything was fine untill we changed our workgroup
    name so they would all be on the same workgroup. When we did that it whiped
    out all my settings i had, so i went back through, bridged my wireless
    connectiong and my local area connection back together, and took off the
    wireless connection from the bridge and then went to the wirelesses
    properties and pushed to enable ICS and it comes up with "An error occured
    while Internet Connection Sharing was being enabled. Cannot complete this
    function." So I figured i might not of turned on ICS when i redid my
    workgroup, but i had and it still won't work. If anybody has a clue and would
    like to help I would apperciate it.

    Thanks
    Brett

    Guest, Jan 25, 2005