Error : memory requirements exceed available memory

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by ramon_batista, Apr 4, 2008.

  1. Hi, everyone...
    I was using my Cisco and it was disconnected. But two days later,
    when I tried to turn it on again, now it shows me the following
    message :

    System Bootstrap, Version 11.3(2)XA4, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)
    Copyright (c) 1999 by cisco Systems, Inc.
    TAC:Home:SW:IOS:Specials for info
    C2600 platform with 32768 Kbytes of main memory

    program load complete, entry point: 0x80008000, size: 0xe62120

    Error : memory requirements exceed available memory

    Memory required : 0x025DD89C

    *** System received a Software forced crash ***
    signal= 0x17, code= 0x4, context= 0x8000c08c
    PC = 0x0, Vector = 0x0, SP = 0x0

    rommon 1 >
    I have reseted the Cisco many times, but it's the same.

    ...... Now I ask.... What do I have to do to fix that problem ?

    Thanks

    ramon_batista, Apr 4, 2008

  2. ramon_batista

    rob_67

    Joined:
    Apr 2, 2008
    Messages:
    6
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hi,

    which ios do you use? How much memory does the router have? Maybe the ios is too large to run in DRAM, then you should choose another ios or you should use more DRAM or you have a hardwareproblem... Does the router run before with this ios?

    Rob

    Last edited: Apr 4, 2008
    rob_67, Apr 4, 2008