    I googled the error, and what I found suggested I install the latest
    DivX codec. So I installed 5.2.4, and I'm still getting the same
    problem. A little help?

    Shakey Street, Aug 4, 2004

  2. Shakey Street

    mAineAc Guest

    use a different media player. that one sucks.

    mAineAc

    mAineAc, Aug 4, 2004

  3. Shakey Street

    WormWood Guest

    Uhm hmm, so, what different media player do you suggest? One that blows
    just a little?

    WormWood, Aug 4, 2004
  4. Shakey Street

    °Mike° Guest

    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/knowledgecenter/mediaadvice/0009.aspx

    "Why do I receive an "Unknown error" (C00D11CD)?
    Unfortunately, this error usually occurs when another program
    or operating system component encounters a problem, but
    does not communicate the nature of the problem to the Player.
    Because this generic message can be displayed in a wide variety
    of circumstances, there is no single solution.

    The Windows Media Player team at Microsoft is investigating ways
    to improve error detection and reporting for problems caused by
    underlying programs or system components. We'll provide more
    information about what causes these unknown errors in future
    columns, so keep checking back."

    °Mike°, Aug 4, 2004
  5. Shakey Street

    mAineAc Guest

    Actually there are a lot of better media players. If he has the newest
    DivX plugin, it may be the drm software in the newest version of windows
    media player (most likely) and he should roll back to an older version,
    but unfortunately the only way to do this with windows is to reinstall
    windows. So the easiest thing to do is to go to google and do a search
    to find media players that will play DivX. I personally use mplayer on
    linux and I do know that they make a version for windows.

    mAineAc

    mAineAc, Aug 4, 2004
  6. Shakey Street

    Elco Guest

    "Shakey Street" schreef ;
    Can be codec related...
    Try Gspot....gives a lot of usefull information
    http://www.headbands.com/gspot/

    Elco, Aug 4, 2004
  7. Shakey Street

    WormWood Guest

    DivX has it's own media player but that one is the winner in the sucking
    class.

    As to the last line, in view of the fact that MPlayer is a Microsoft
    product, that's comforting to know :eek:)

    WormWood, Aug 5, 2004