"Error 623 The system could not find the phonebook entry for this connection" What does it mean?

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Juan I. Cahis, May 16, 2006.

  1. Dear friends:

    Since a couple of days, every time I want to browse any Website using
    Mozilla/Firefox, I get the following error message:

    "Error 623 The system could not find the phonebook entry for this
    connection", and after clicking "OK" in the error message box, all
    works OK. What does it mean?

    I don't get any similar message in any other application, only in
    Mozilla. I upgraded yesterday Mozilla to the latest release, and the
    same happened.

    The Windows Help list this error message, but without any further
    explanation. What and where is the "phonebook entry" for a perpetually
    connected Internet Connection through my Cable Provider? I don't dial
    to anybody to be connected, I need only to plug my RJ-45 LAN cable to
    my LAN adapter in the back of my computer and that is it!!!

    Any hint?

    Thanks
    Juan I. Cahis
    Santiago de Chile (South America)
    Note: Please forgive me for my bad English, I am trying to improve it!

    Juan I. Cahis, May 16, 2006

  2. Juan I. Cahis

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Not sure if this is it but a Google search indicates a VPN problem.

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;320693

    And your English is just fine!

    --
    Ed Mullen