Error 403 Forbidden - Access Denied by Access Control List

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Harroguk, Jun 24, 2005.

  1. Harroguk

    Harroguk Guest

    Hi guys
    Last night I was setting up a LAN for my sister and came across this
    problem...

    Basically one of the PC's works fine for browsing the web, the other
    comes up with the message 403 forbidden Access Denied By Access Control
    List for every single page that you try and browse to.

    I have successfully managed to PING google.com so the internet
    connection is there and is working however the browser (IE6) seems to
    be having the problem. I have returned everything to defaults but it
    doesnt seem to help.

    Simple Network Diagram below.....

    PC1
    Everything==============
    Works |
    Fine |

    ADSL
    Router==============Internet

    PC2 |
    Browser |
    Gives 403===============
    Error

    Cheers for any help/pointers people can give.

    Harro

    Harroguk, Jun 24, 2005

  2. Harroguk

    Duane Arnold Guest

    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=316699
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;299357
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&q=winsock+fix&spell=1

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Jun 24, 2005

  3. Harroguk

    Birmingham

    Joined:
    Feb 27, 2007
    Messages:
    5
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Birmingham
    Hi, sorry to dig this thread up, but it was top result in google when i searched for the words in the thread title. i'm having the same problem on one of my terminals at work - the prob is exactly as described in the first 2 links - the microsoft.com links - and i've found, as described, that i can access the internet via other user accounts - but it's the administrator account which is most important and that's the one within which the internet doesn't work! i downloaded the tool in the third link and it did not fix the problem :bawling:

    any advice please, anyone?

    Birmingham, Mar 5, 2007