    is there any method to create a new partition without formatted or fdisk the
    harddisk?

    thx!!

    peter, Jul 4, 2004

  2. peter

    HF Guest

    DISABLE the anti virus and try again.

    HF, Jul 4, 2004

  3. peter

    Robert Baer Guest

    Make a temporary change in your BIOS to boot from the CD.

    Robert Baer, Jul 5, 2004
  4. peter

    peter Guest

    Is it boot from the Partition Magic 8.0 CD?

    peter, Jul 5, 2004
  5. peter

    cwlntr

    Joined:
    Nov 4, 2006
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Partition Magic Lock

    Partition Magic tries to use the "LOCK" command, which in some versions of windows only works in safe mode. Here's what to do:
    Make your changes in Partition Magic and hit apply changes and allow it to restart your computer
    Then, push F8 when starting up to access safe mode menu. Select safe mode.
    Windows will begin to start up, then pause. Partition Magic is working in the background. Pay attention to your harddisk LED. When it eventually stops flashing, PM has finished and you can restart your computer. the end.

    cwlntr, Nov 4, 2006