error 1335: installation error trying to install VStudio .NET Academic on XP machine

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Jeff, Dec 28, 2003.

  1. Jeff

    Jeff Guest

    I am running XP with service pack 1. Here is the log.
    Is there a fix or workaround to solve the cabinet file
    problem???

    [12/23/03,11:03:45] Visual Studio .NET Professional 2003 -
    English: [2] ERROR: Error 1335.The cabinet
    file '_2694_ssce20.msm' required for this installation is
    corrupt and cannot be used. This could indicate a network
    error, an error reading from the CD-ROM, or a problem
    with this package.
    [12/23/03,11:03:51] Visual Studio .NET Professional 2003 -
    English: [2] ERROR: Error 1335.The cabinet
    file '_2694_ssce20.msm' required for this installation is
    corrupt and cannot be used. This could indicate a network
    error, an error reading from the CD-ROM, or a problem
    with this package.
    [12/23/03,11:03:53] Visual Studio .NET Professional 2003 -
    English: [2] ACTION FAILURE: Action ended 11:03:53:
    InstallFinalize. Return value 3. See MSI log for details.
    [12/23/03,11:04:13] Visual Studio .NET Professional 2003 -
    English: [2] ACTION FAILURE: Action ended 11:04:13:
    INSTALL. Return value 3. See MSI log for details.
    [12/23/03,11:04:18] setup.exe: [2]
    ISetupComponent::pre/Post/Install() failed in
    ISetupManager::InstallManagerHelper()
    [12/23/03,11:04:18] setup.exe: [2] Component error string
    not specified in
    ISetupManager::AddToActionResultCollection()

    Jeff, Dec 28, 2003

  2. Jeff

    °Mike° Guest

    "...is corrupt and cannot be used. This could indicate a network
    error, an error reading from the CD-ROM, or a problem with
    this package."

    What does that tell you?

    <snip>

    °Mike°, Dec 28, 2003

  3. Jeff

    Jeff Guest

    Unfortunately, my research into the problem on Microsoft sites turned
    up nothing. Hopefully, someone else has run into this problem and can
    help.
    I don't think there is a network error, because I tried to install
    with my network disabled. I don't think it is the CD, because I was
    able to install on another machine (site license). I think it may be
    a corrupted file on XP. Note that this machine has a Dell-provided XP
    install, which may be different from a Microsoft XP out-of-the-box CD.

    Jeff, Dec 29, 2003
  4. Jeff

    °Mike° Guest

    That leaves one obvious choice, then, doesn't it. Your CD-ROM may
    be having trouble reading the CD. Try a different CD-ROM.

    °Mike°, Dec 29, 2003
  5. Jeff

    Jeff Guest

    Tried both my DVD-ROM and my CD-RW. Same error. Also tried PIO instead of DMA
    settings.
    Other ideas and suggestions??? Thanks.

    Jeff, Dec 30, 2003
  6. Jeff

    °Mike° Guest

    Ask in a .NET newsgroup, or contact Microsoft directly.

    °Mike°, Dec 30, 2003