    Any suggestions or advice?

    TIA
    Arawak

    Arawak, Dec 10, 2003

  2. I had one act that way because of a scroll mouse (little wheel in the
    middle). Replaced with a three button mouse and it behaved normally.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Dec 10, 2003

  3. Arawak

    M Mullen Guest

    (e-mail sent if a reply)

    |> Arawak wrote:
    |> > All of a suddden my mouse isn't going where I want it to go. It is all
    |> > over the place when I try to use either the touchpad or the "stub"
    |> > which are both options on my Dell Latitude D400.
    |> >
    |> > Any suggestions or advice?
    |> >
    |> > TIA
    |> > Arawak
    |>
    |> I had one act that way because of a scroll mouse (little wheel in the
    |> middle). Replaced with a three button mouse and it behaved normally.

    On his laptop? :)

    M Mullen, Dec 10, 2003
  4. Yes, an HP Dimension 550MHz laptop with a touchpad and mouse connected.
    The pointer started getting extremely erratic, an HP tech suggested
    trying a different non-scroll mouse, it worked fine.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Dec 10, 2003
  5. Arawak

    STP Guest

    his problem is not with an external device (such as a three button mouse, or
    scroll mouse) but, actualy with the devices built onto the laptop. I had a
    Dell Latitude (not sure of model number) but i had the same problem and it
    turned out to be an issue with the host controllers for the drivers of the
    mouse. I ended up having to contact dell for product replacment.

    STP, Dec 10, 2003
  6. Arawak

    M Mullen Guest

    |> M Mullen wrote:
    |>
    |> > (e-mail sent if a reply)

    |> > On his laptop? :)
    |>
    |> Yes, an HP Dimension 550MHz laptop with a touchpad and mouse connected.
    |> The pointer started getting extremely erratic, an HP tech suggested
    |> trying a different non-scroll mouse, it worked fine.

    What can I say... I've never had a laptop anytime I hear of a three button mouse
    I assume a desktop.

    Certainly sounds like you solved his problem.

    M Mullen, Dec 10, 2003
  7. Arawak

    M Mullen Guest

    |> M Mullen wrote:
    |>
    |> > (e-mail sent if a reply)

    |> > On his laptop? :)
    |>
    |> Yes, an HP Dimension 550MHz laptop with a touchpad and mouse connected.
    |> The pointer started getting extremely erratic, an HP tech suggested
    |> trying a different non-scroll mouse, it worked fine.

    What can I say... I've never had a laptop. I didn't know that any had a wheel
    just a joystick type controller.

    M Mullen, Dec 10, 2003
  8. Arawak

    Boomer Guest