    the web page it says it can enable scrolling in "some" applications. I would
    really prefer "many" or "all" :)

    Any other suggestions that don't involve trackballs would be welcomed.

    Ray Greene, May 21, 2007

  2. Ray Greene

    -=rjh=- Guest

    Change hands - a little difficult at first, but after a few days you'll
    be fine, and the problem probably won't return.

    Use keyboard shortcuts for more stuff, depending on what you do it is
    quicker anyway.

    Use a touchpad.

    My current favorite is to use a pen and tabletPC, this is better than
    using a pen and graphics tablet (which I don't like, though if I tried
    harder I'd probably get used to it).

    -=rjh=-, May 22, 2007

  3. Ray Greene

    Miguel Guest

    I'm not stirring but I'm curious as to what you've got against
    trackballs. I always recommend them.

    I've used a Kensington Orbit trackball for the last ten or so years, ever
    since I started getting mouse elbow (or whatever it's called). Haven't
    had a problem since.

    FTR, as mentioned, changing hands is your best bet.

    Regards
    Miguel

    Miguel, May 22, 2007
  4. Ray Greene

    Fred Guest

    If you do change hands you might find it easier to reverse your left and
    right button functions as well.

    Fred, May 22, 2007
  5. Ray Greene

    Ray Greene Guest

    I'm trying that but it's awkward. Maybe after a few days it'll be better.
    Already do that but a mouse is still good. I do a bit of CAD too, that's
    really hard without a mouse :)
    I haven't used a touchpad on a laptop that I liked, but I see there are some
    stand-alone units available that look OK. I might try one of them.
    A bit beyond my price range I think.

    Thanks for the suggestions.

    Ray Greene, May 22, 2007
  6. Ray Greene

    Ray Greene Guest

    I've tried a number them but I just don't like them. They feel really awkward
    and I can't get used to them.
    I'm trying that now, I sure hope it improves soon :)

    Ray Greene, May 22, 2007
  7. Ray Greene

    Don Hills Guest

    I'm left handed. I used to use my mouse left-handed, but I left the buttons
    set for right-handed use because I used to have to operate other peoples'
    systems occasionally. When I needed more desk space for my laptop, I had no
    room for a mouse so I switched to a trackball. Trackballs come in two main
    styles, one where the ball is thumb operated and one where it is index
    finger operated. I settled on a thumb operated Logitech Trackman Marble.
    I like its free rolling (optical) ball, where you can "spin" it and it will
    roll on - good for whizzing the pointer across a wide screen.

    .... but anyway, the point is that I had to make a major adjustment, from a
    left-hand mouse to a right-hand trackball. It took a few weeks to adjust,
    but I persevered and I'm comfortable with it now. My laptop has a Trackpoint
    (rubber thingy in the middle of the keyboard), and my palmtop has a
    trackpad. I actually feel uncomfortable and awkward using a mouse now...

    Don Hills, May 22, 2007
  8. Ray Greene

    Ray Greene Guest

    I guess I could get used to one eventually, but I've got several other
    options available now so I'll remain resolutely opposed to them until
    all else fails :)

    Ray Greene, May 22, 2007
  9. Ray Greene

    Craig Shore Guest

    Craig Shore, May 23, 2007
  10. Ray Greene

    Ray Greene Guest

    Thanks Craig, I hadn't seen that one. I'll have to check it out.

    MS make good mice, though I currently use an A4Tech one which I prefer
    to my old Intellimouse.
    The hand position on this one looks to be tilted less than the
    Evoluent mouse. If I was feeling rich I'd buy one of each to test them
    side by side.

    Ray Greene, May 23, 2007
  11. Ray Greene

    Craig Shore Guest

    PC Authority reviewed it in their latest issue. They gave it a recommended.
    They did say ergonomics will come at the expense of fast-moving performance for
    some. i.e. it's a bit slower to use.

    Craig Shore, May 23, 2007
  12. Ray Greene

    bAZZ Guest

    Yes I do. I have a stuffed mouse hand and find it great. I have injury and
    fingers are that stuffed cannot use cursor keys properly. Have to have
    keyboard with the cursor keys on left far side of keyboard. So with those
    problems mouse use is a pain to muck about with. The 3M ones are really
    good. I have had mine 5 plus years and it is still going strong. They take
    a little getting used to but once mastered you wont look back. One thing
    to be aware of is you don't have same degree of 'rest' for your arm like
    with normal mouse on desk. As your hand/arm is slightly higher
    ( vertically) it is sort of suspended in mid air and arm can get saw
    holding it up. Once you master a way of minimising that it is OK. I
    thought they had stopped making them a few years ago so your post is great
    to know there are still some out there. Where did you find yours ?

    Good luck with it if you do go with one.

    bAZZ

    bAZZ, Jun 1, 2007
  13. Ray Greene

    EMB Guest

    I have a stock of new boxed ones available (the updated optical version)
    bought about 12 months ago.

    EMB, Jun 1, 2007
  14. Ray Greene

    bAZZ Guest

    Ah OK. What are you wanting for one ? Mine is stil going OK but you never
    know when you need a back up :)

    bAZZ

    bAZZ, Jun 5, 2007
  15. Ray Greene

    EMB Guest

    Same as they cost me - some horrendous price around the $100 mark IIRC.

    Pricespy shows cheapest current price a tad under $90 so $80 will be
    close enough. http://www.pricespy.co.nz/pno_8892.html

    EMB, Jun 5, 2007
  16. Ray Greene

    ZzzummM Guest

    You wouldn't have a left-handed one would you?

    ZzzummM, Jun 6, 2007
  17. Ray Greene

    EMB Guest

    They don't make one.

    EMB, Jun 6, 2007
  18. Ray Greene

    ZzzummM Guest

    Did you get the order I sent to your gmail address? Or is that a dummy addr.

    ZzzummM, Jun 7, 2007
  19. Ray Greene

    EMB Guest

    YHM.