Erasing Eval Version Message for Vista 64 SP1 RC?

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by David F, Dec 13, 2007.

  1. David F

    David F Guest

    David F, Dec 13, 2007

  2. The 'eval version' will disappear when you finally uninstall the RC and
    install the RTM upon its release. In the meantime, it is a useful reminder
    that you are running a test version.

    Mike Hall - MVP, Dec 13, 2007

  3. David F

    David F Guest

    Hi Mike,
    Well aware of that. I'm simply asking will the patch mentioned below work
    to erase the message for Vista 64 as it does for Vista 32. TIA.

    David F, Dec 13, 2007
  4. David F

    Theo Guest

    Assuming the .DLL is a 32-bit version, then it would not
    work in Vista x64.

    Theo, Dec 13, 2007
  5. David F

    Theo Guest

    P.S.
    Why not ask the person posting the information? There is a
    "Contact" option.

    Theo, Dec 13, 2007
  6. David F

    Adam Leinss Guest

    Doubt you will get an answer...the web site you mentioned has "hacked"
    copies of Windows files. Quite ballsy of you to ask Microsoft if a
    hacked operating system file will work OK to remove their watermark.

    Adam

    Adam Leinss, Dec 13, 2007
  7. Does it really matter though?

    Andre Da Costa[ActiveWin], Dec 13, 2007
  8. David F

    David F Guest

    How about using this newsgroup for questions and answers relating to Vista
    and leaving editorial comments which just waste everyone's time out of it.
    I need a more stable version of Vista 64 and I need to make presentations
    without something inteferring.

    David F, Dec 13, 2007
  9. David F

    Carlos Guest

    David,
    According to poster BChat, this is how he hid it.
    "I have the DreamScene waterfall set as my desktop -
    covers the build logo - makes a nice night light too."
    See the thread "Vista 64 & sp1 rc 1 v.668" dated Dec 11th.
    Carlos

    Carlos, Dec 13, 2007
  10. Mike Hall - MVP, Dec 13, 2007
  11. "I need to make presentations without something inteferring"
    The message does not interfere, it is simply there in the corner.
    However you choose to use a Beta.
    Beta by its nature may cause unknown problems and thus interfere.
    According your own statement above, you should uninstall the Beta.

    However the answer to your question is probably in the Vista SP-1
    forums.

    Jupiter Jones [MVP], Dec 13, 2007
  12. David F

    Carlos Guest

    David F,
    That method is for Vista x86.
    There is a thread here:
    http://forums.mydigitallife.info/showthread.php?t=915
    where they are working an a Vista x64 version.
    Those are and will be unofficial files (i.e. tampered MSFT files) and you
    will be using them at your own risk.
    Carlos

    Carlos, Dec 13, 2007