Equivalent for Ascend-IP-Direct Attribute / Forced Proxy on NAS?

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Emre Bastuz, Jan 2, 2004.

  1. Emre Bastuz

    Emre Bastuz Guest

    Hi,

    trying to find a solution for a 'forced-proxy' to redireect
    users to a certain webpage I found the VSA 'Ascend-IP-Direct'.

    This one apparently only works for Ascend/Lucent NASes so I was
    wondering if there is another attribute that works with Cisco
    NASes as well?

    Basically I need to do routing decisions on a per user basis to
    forward a specific users´ traffic to a default gateway that is
    different then the other users´ dg (which could be a Squid, etc.).

    Has anyone done something like this before on Cisco NASes?

    Is there any other way that comes to your mind to force a proxy
    for specific users?

    Thanks,

    Emre

    Emre Bastuz, Jan 2, 2004

  2. Emre Bastuz

    Emre Bastuz Guest

    Hi,

    just an addition to my own post:
    'Ascend-IP-Direct' is _supposed_ to work for example
    fo an AS5300 but when doing a 'debug radius' I can catch
    the message 'RADIUS: cannot process IP_DIRECT attribute'.

    An alternative to 'Ascend-IP-Direct' or a hint what might
    be going wrong will be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks,

    Emre

    Emre Bastuz, Jan 2, 2004