    qualuty only comes from an obscure lab with a $100,000 printer).

    thanks,

    brian

    Brian Huether, Feb 13, 2005

  2. Brian Huether

    rafe bustin Guest

    Your choices now are better than ever before.

    Nearly all of Epson's printers use pigment inks,
    which beat traditional (color) prints for longevity.

    HP now has their DesignJet 30 and 130, which
    yield 80 year longevity with dye inks on
    appropriate HP papers.

    Fuji Crystal Archive paper is traditional
    photo paper meant for darkroom processing.
    It's often used by online print services,
    and in LightJet and Chromira printers.

    rafe b.
    http://www.terrapinphoto.com

    rafe bustin, Feb 13, 2005

  3. Brian Huether

    andrew29 Guest

    The Epson R1800 looks pretty nice, but I don't think there's a large
    format version yet.
    No, you can't use Fuji Crystal Archive paper. You will get very good
    results from Epson's glossy and satin papers.

    Andrew.

    andrew29, Feb 14, 2005
  4. Is the "satin" the Luster paper? That's what I call it but wasn't sure I was
    alone.

    Dave R knows who, Feb 14, 2005
  5. Brian Huether

    andrew29 Guest

    I meant "Premium Semigloss". This stuff looks more or less like what
    people call "Satin".

    Andrew.

    andrew29, Feb 14, 2005
  6. Brian Huether

    Mark B. Guest

    It can do 13" x 19" borderless prints, I guess it depends what you call
    large format.

    Mark

    Mark B., Feb 16, 2005
  7. Brian Huether

    andrew29 Guest

    Epson use "Large Format" in the literature to refer to everything from
    A2 up -- their large format range starts with the Stylus Pro 4000 and
    goes all the way to the 10600 which is B0+ (44" wide). Af far as I
    could see at Photokina, all the manufacturers use this term in the
    same way.

    Andrew.

    andrew29, Feb 16, 2005