    I'm beginning to wonder whether my Epson 810 printer has a fault. I have
    recently half emptied a new colour cartridge to clean the printheads, is
    that normal? I'd like to hear from anyone with a similar problem.

    harrythebrod, Jul 25, 2005

  2. harrythebrod

    old jon Guest

    Par for the course H. Printer = cheap, Ink = diabolically expensive. I must
    admit tho`, my CX3200 is not quite that bad, altho` bad enough.
    If you don`t use your printer a lot, the heads tend to dry and clog, so take
    a lot of cleaning and priming.
    best wishes..OJ

    old jon, Jul 25, 2005

  3. harrythebrod

    Bob B Guest

    If you fit new cartridges to epson printers and you need to clean it more
    than once.... leave it overnight and try again or you will lose a lot of
    ink. Bob

    Bob B, Jul 25, 2005
  4. harrythebrod

    philo Guest

    although half a cartridge is excessive...
    if i forgot to clean my epson printer for a while...
    it may take 6 cleanings to restore it

    philo, Jul 25, 2005
  5. harrythebrod

    harrythebrod Guest

    Thank you all for your various suggestions, I shall try one by one of these
    to see what happens.Thnks again.
    Harrythebrod

    harrythebrod, Jul 26, 2005