    stock right now or would just test)

    Thanks for any feedback.
    -tsk

    tkranz, May 5, 2006

  2. I have owned the C-84 and the C-88.
    Kodak paper does not work.
    You must use Epson paper for images.
    By the way, the heads clogged up on
    both of these printers.

    LZ

    Polish Prince \(Szynka\), May 5, 2006

  3. I have owned the C-84 and the C-88.
    Kodak paper does not work.
    You must use Epson paper for images.
    By the way, the heads clogged up on
    both of these printers.

    LZ

    --

    Polish Prince \(Szynka\), May 5, 2006
  4. I use this printer a lot. I find the luster paper from Epson
    gives a good balance between contrast and variable reflection off
    the surface (what people call bronzing). The matte paper also works
    well and doesn't have any surface issues, but the maximum blacks
    are not as intense.
    The luster also comes on a 13" roll which allows you to print odd sizes
    without wasting paper if you wish.
    A good source of supplies (paper and ink) is Atlex.

    I have some tips on my web site about setting up a workflow which will
    help produce good inkjet prints. Just follow the tips link on my
    home page.

    If you plan to make large prints (say 13x19 or so) you will only get
    about 7-9 prints per color cartridge. Refills and off brands don't
    work well, so don't try them.

    Robert Feinman, May 5, 2006
  5. tsk-

    I've had my Stylus Photo 2000P since they first came out. There were a
    couple of times I needed to clean the heads after it had sat unused for
    several months, but it has always cleaned-up nicely.

    I generally use "Premium High Gloss Photopaper" from Office Depot with
    good results. However I once did a sun-exposure test by placing photos
    inside the rear window of my car for a year.

    At the end of the year, prints made on two other printers were grossly
    faded. It was necessary to compare the 2000P print with an un-exposed
    control print to see any difference. Although the ink withstood the sun
    exposure, the Office Depot paper did not. The paper surface had become
    chalky, and a fingernail would easily scratch it. Therefore, I suggest
    use of Epson's recommended papers for prints where very long life is
    needed.

    Fred

    Fred McKenzie, May 5, 2006
  6. tkranz

    Nona Guest

    I too have had the 2000P since it came out. It has served me well. I use
    it exclusively for photo printing. With the Luster paper and Epson ink, so
    far it has not failed. In fact, the prints look better than professional.
    Atlex is my source for ink and paper. It is cheaper than any of the locals,
    Staples, etc., even with the shipping.

    Nona

    Nona, May 7, 2006