Epson R200 Printer Cartridge

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Dirk, Feb 11, 2005.

  1. Dirk

    Dirk Guest

    Greetings.

    I just replaced an ink cartridge on the Epson R200. Curious I was to see
    what was inside of the old one so I dissected the case and was surprised to
    see a clear cellophane covering which showed the "innards" of the
    cartdridge. To my surprise, the cartridge still contained almost 1/4 amount
    of ink!

    My question to the group. Has anyone else experienced this?

    As a matter of course, should I weigh each new cartridge before use and then
    again aftwards when the printer "tells me ti replace it."

    I hope this was just an isolated incident as it appears to be a costly waste
    of ink.

    Thanks

    Mark

    Dirk, Feb 11, 2005

  2. Dirk

    Larry Guest

    Not unusual... Its Epsons way of preventing the printhead from being run dry.
    All those convoluted channels inside the cartridge are there simply to
    prevent re-filling.

    Larry, Feb 11, 2005

  3. Dirk

    wc Guest

    There is a program you can get online for free (Though I don't have the
    address in front of me) that is supposed to be much more accurate at
    telling how much ink is left in an Epson printer. Maybe do a search for
    it, I have it at work, seems to work pretty well.

    wc, Feb 11, 2005
  4. In fact, I change the print cartridge onlywhen it runs dry. I also got
    refills for my lexmark printer, 18 euro for 2 1/2 refills of black ink.

    Dimitrios Tzortzakakis, Feb 11, 2005
  5. Dirk

    Ranger84 Guest

    I have a HP printer at home that only does 4X6 pictures, and when th
    window comes up with the low ink or out of ink warning. I can stil
    print alot of pictures. There is alot left. So I leave it in th
    printer longer then they would like you to.

    Charlie

    Visit this online Store for instant download of 1,000's of products
    Go to: http://www.saleseeker.snappyshop.co

    Ranger84, Feb 11, 2005