Epson R200 ICC problem

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by leo, May 14, 2004.

  1. leo

    leo Guest

    I installed R200 v.5.4 on Windows XP.

    I can get fairly good print without using ICC,
    like the first option mentioned in the following page:
    http://www.normankoren.com/printer_calibration.html
    In epson driver: set Gamma to 2.2 and Epson Standard Color

    When I use the ICC method, I get dark images:
    Here is what I do:

    Edit the picture in Photoshop CS using Adobe RGB 1998 color space.
    Print using Color Management
    Source Space: Document: Adobe RGB 1998
    Print Space: Stylus Photo R200 Series
    Intent: Perceptual
    User Black Compensation
    Epson printer driver color management setting:
    ICC
    No Color Adjustment

    The Stylus Photo R200 Series is the only ICC profile included in the driver.

    [To make the matter worse, the OS X printer driver v.1.7 doesn't install in
    Mac OS X 10.3.3 at all!]

    leo, May 14, 2004

  2. leo

    leo Guest

    ICC in Windows XP fixed!

    I just realize that the Epson driver does NOT install the additional ICC
    profiles for different Epson photo papers. There's a separate PIM setup
    program in the driver CD and it refuses to install the profile because I am
    not using the older Photoshop 6 or 7! It's pretty stupid for the driver not
    installing all the ICC profiles.

    Copied the profiles to ICC profile folder and selected Premium Glossy Photo
    Paper with great result. I am happy again.

    Well, the Mac OS X driver is still screwy though.

    leo, May 14, 2004

  3. leo

    Yianni Guest

    I just realize that the Epson driver does NOT install the additional ICC

    ICC profiles aren't related to the Photoshop. It seems that it's a driver's
    bug. Profiles should be installed automaticaly with the drivers.
    You gave a good tip for R200 users.

    Yianni, May 15, 2004
  4. leo

    leo Guest

    Yea, upon looking at the complete title of the setup program closely, it is
    called, "P.I.M. for Photoshop." It should really be part of the driver
    installation.

    leo, May 15, 2004