    Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

    Many thanks,

    Fiona

    Fluffy, Apr 20, 2005

  2. I have had the R1800 just over a week now and I still keep being
    delighted by the results.

    I have printed on Glossy, silk, archival Matt and Watercolour (all at
    A3+ and the results in all cases have met or surpassed expectations.

    With some trepidation, after reading articles on printing BW images on
    inkjets, I printed some of my favourite buildings on the R1800, the
    results are simply stunning, so much so that I have embarked on
    printing a complete series of architectural photos that I have taken
    with my D70 with a view to framing and hanging in my Offices.

    I read that the 2100 will have a successor but the results I am
    getting from the R1800 now beg the question "what could I get that I
    am not getting now ..?"

    John Worsfold, Apr 22, 2005

  3. Fluffy

    Bill Hilton Guest

    Fluffy writes ...
    A good discussion of the differences at this link from a dealer that
    sells both ... scroll about half way down the page to the block "Q: How
    is the R1800 different than the 2200?" Sounds like you can't go wrong
    with either one ... they feel the 2200 is a bit better on matte and
    fine art paper and better printing black/white while the R1800 is
    faster, has longer projected print life and prints noticeably better
    with glossy papers, so it depends to some degree on what paper types
    you prefer.

    http://www.inkjetart.com/r1800/#order

    Bill

    Bill Hilton, Apr 24, 2005