    Pro line (4000, 7600, 9600).

    http://www.inkjetart.com/news/archive/IJN_02-21-05.html

    Bill

    Bill Hilton, Feb 21, 2005

  2. Bill Hilton

    Jim Waggener Guest

    Hi Bill,

    I have the 7600 (which I love) and the 1280. I do all my archival printing
    on the 7600 using Arches Infinity paper, both rolls and sheets. The 1280 is
    used mostly for promotional material. I've considered getting the 4000 for
    smaller prints and its capacity to hold numerous pages for batch runs. The
    R1800 looks very interesting. So my decision becomes a little more
    complicated vs. the 4000

    Jim Waggener
    www.dorothyfagan.com

    Jim Waggener, Feb 21, 2005

  3. Its an interesting piece on the printer for sure, from a cost stand
    point.

    I can't beat my current 1280 with the CIS for promo stuff. Whatever I
    buy next will be for producing some form of Archival prints. I can't see
    my self rapidly needing a huge 24" printer though.

    Someone needs to come out with a desktop 11x14 RGB or LED image
    printer,..... (sub 3K) that runs standard RA papers so I can image
    retouched file and develop to my existing table top processor.....then I
    would be happy

    to the American public."--Theodore Roosevelt, May 7, 1918

    Gregory Blank, Feb 21, 2005
  4. Bill Hilton

    rafe bustin Guest

    Yes... a desktop LightJet!

    But short of that, HP just announced the
    Designjet 90, which offers 18" wide prints
    and seems set to compete with the Epson 4000.

    rafe b.
    http://www.terrapinphoto.com

    rafe bustin, Feb 21, 2005
  5. Rafe do you know the MSRP here in the US?

    to the American public."--Theodore Roosevelt, May 7, 1918

    Gregory Blank, Feb 22, 2005
  6. Bill Hilton

    rafe bustin Guest

    No, not really. It was just announced
    last week. But it's bracketed by the
    Designjet 30 ($700 street) and the
    Designjet 120 ($1200 street.) One
    blog gives an estimated street price
    of $1K.

    rafe b
    http://www.terrapinphoto.com

    rafe bustin, Feb 22, 2005
  7. Bill Hilton

    Bill Hilton Guest

    Jim Waggener writes ...
    Jim, I'm also a fan of the Arches Infinity Smooth paper, 17x22" sheets
    for my Epson 4000, but the Arches ICC profile wasn't very good. What
    are you using for a profile for the 7600? Do you use a RIP with a
    custom profile or did you have a custom profile built or did Bill
    Atkinson make one for the AI paper? I actually get nice results with
    this paper and the Epson Fine Art - Smooth profile but am open to other
    suggestions :)

    Bill

    Bill Hilton, Feb 22, 2005
  8. Glad I didn't get the R800, I'd been thinking about.

    "Les livres font les époques et les nations,
    commes les époques et les nations font les livres."

    _Mélanges littéraires_
    Jean-Jacques Ampère
    (1800-1864)

    John A. Stovall, Feb 22, 2005
  9. Bill Hilton

    Jim Waggener Guest

    Bill, I'm using the Arches Textured with their profile. It gives me a pretty
    accurate print. I do have to tweak it a little but not much. I don't know of
    any Atkinson profiles for Arches. I have used his for Epson papers and they
    are very good. I really like the quality of the Arches and they are actually
    less expensive in rolls than the Epson.
    I buy from B&H. I have finally got all my cartridges for the 7600 onto the
    220ml size. It definitely saves money that way. I think I'll try the
    Atkinson Epson profile on the Arches and see what I get. I use the textured
    finish because my wife will often paint back into the print and it has a
    "tooth" for the paint. We sell those as AP's

    Jim
    www.dorothyfagan.com

    Jim Waggener, Feb 22, 2005