    information on my PC screen right now so I was wondering if it can just
    print that information?

    Peter

    Peter, Sep 1, 2005

  2. Well if you had a Mac you could do a screen capture and I could tell
    you how its done,...don't know that on a PC.

    to the American public."--Theodore Roosevelt, May 7, 1918

    Gregory Blank, Sep 1, 2005

  3. Wow - Macs can do screen captures! That's it, I'm putting my Windows
    computer in the bin right now. ;-)

    **SS**

    Secret Squiddle, Sep 1, 2005
  4. Wow - Macs can do screen captures! That's it, I'm putting my Windows
    computer in the bin right now. ;-)

    **SS** [/QUOTE]

    Like I stated I don't know how its done on the PC, I did not say it
    could not be done - "geesh", some people ;-)

    to the American public."--Theodore Roosevelt, May 7, 1918

    Gregory Blank, Sep 1, 2005
  5. Peter

    Mike Miruski Guest

    Download the SSC Service Utility from www.sscig.com

    Mike Miruski, Sep 1, 2005
  6. Peter

    Ed Ruf Guest

    Did you actually read that he can't display it on the screen? Just
    what is he going to capture?
    Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    See images taken with my CP-990/5700 & D70 at
    http://EdwardGRuf.com

    Ed Ruf, Sep 1, 2005
  7. Ctl-Print Screen. Open paint and past it in and print....

    -James Nachtwey-
    http://www.jamesnachtwey.com/

    John A. Stovall, Sep 1, 2005
  8. Press print screen,Open painting.Press ctrl+v.You will be prompted to expand
    the file size.Answer yes.Save.Print.

    Dimitrios Tzortzakakis, Sep 1, 2005
  9. Peter

    Frank ess Guest

    Open eyes, Read sentences, Absorb content, Respond with germane
    advice.

    One of ten has done that.

    Not Dimitrios.

    "I can't get the printer to display that information on my PC
    screen..."

    So, what will your Print Screen capture print? Hm?

    Rampant. That's what it is. Very nearly epidemic.

    The end time is near.

    Frank ess, Sep 1, 2005
  10. Peter

    Ed Ruf Guest

    Oh, Frank, you're being so practical! :)

    BTW, how'd you like the fog at the Historics?

    Ed Ruf, Sep 1, 2005
  11. Peter

    Matt Guest

    Matt, Sep 1, 2005
  12. Peter

    Frank ess Guest

    I know, Ed. One of my many failings.

    Sad to say, I missed the Historics entirely. We had an illness in the
    family and I couldn't get away. It's just a dog, but you know how they
    are. He'd never forgive me if I wasn't there when he woke up after the
    procedure.

    I hope you enjoyed the event. I've seen a few pictures of the fun. And
    I hear Phil Hill is really having trouble keeping up. One of my heros,
    and an example of a disappearing breed: literate, articulate
    professional racing drivers.
    http://www.fototime.com/15783E75971428F/orig.jpg

    Frank ess, Sep 1, 2005
  13. Peter

    Peter Guest

    Thanks to all who replied to my original message but I am specifically
    looking for a way to get the R2400 to print a page that shows the current
    ink levels. I can not get this information displayed on my screen at the
    moment (some sort of communication error between the printer and PC) so
    any program that merely captures this information from the screen is
    useless to me.

    Is there some command I can send to the printer that causes it to print an
    ink level page? I know HP printers can do that but this is my first Epson
    so I'm not sure.

    Peter

    Peter, Sep 5, 2005
  14. Peter

    Ken Weitzel Guest

    Hi Peter...

    A different Epson printer, but perhaps similar enough to
    be worth trying.

    Turn off the printer, let it shut down.

    Shut down your computer.

    Disconnect one end of the printer cable.

    Hold down the load/eject (sheet of paper icon) button,
    hold it down while pressing the power button. Hold both
    down until the power light starts to flash. Then release
    both.

    The printer should then print out a test sheet, one portion
    of which should be the ink quantities.

    Take care.

    Ken

    Ken Weitzel, Sep 5, 2005
  15. Peter

    Paul Allen Guest

    I'm not aware of any capability like that in Epson printers. On
    Windows and Linux, you can query ink levels, clean the heads, and
    print a test pattern from software, but I've seen no way to tell
    the printer to print an ink level page. Does your printer documentation
    claim that the capability you want exists?

    Paul Allen

    Paul Allen, Sep 5, 2005
  16. Peter

    Bill Funk Guest

    Have you tried downloading he drivers from Epson? A fresh install from
    a known good source might help.
    You can get it here:
    http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/...V_UseBVCookie=yes&oid=54861&infoType=Overview
    If the driver doesn't do it, I'm sorry, I don't know of such a
    seperate utility.
    For my R300, the driver does this.

    Bill Funk, Sep 5, 2005
  17. The concept that people posting insults and smart arse remarks here
    actually have the ability to read is one thing but to expect them to
    comprehend what the OP said is another thing altogether, Ed.

    Pix on Canvas, Sep 5, 2005