    aspect ratio?

    Thanks in advance!

    Will

    Will, Feb 12, 2005

  2. ....

    Will:

    There is no such thing as "the correct aspect ratio".
    Consider: Your camera produces a 4:3 picture, just like 99% of all digital
    cameras.
    Your picture mate prints the popular 6x4 size, which is obviously 3:2, not
    4:3.
    But, if you sent your prints our for 5x3, that would be 5:3, not 4:3.
    How about 7x5 prints? Of course not. That's 7:5.
    Hmmm. 10x8? Nope. That's 5:4.

    So, you see, not only don't your PictureMate and camera match, no two sizes
    of common smaller prints match! Now, have you ever wondered about printing
    from your old 35mm camera? Have you measured the negative size to see
    what it's aspect ratio is? No matter what the 35mm aspect really is, we can
    see that it can only match one paper size, *at most*. Clearly,
    developer/printers
    have been cropping 35mm pictures all these years.

    --
    Dan (Woj...) [dmaster](no space)[at](no space)[lucent](no space)[dot](no
    space)[com]

    Dan Wojciechowski, Feb 18, 2005