    Melv Guest

    Will I be losing anything by using the cheaper epson alternatives?
    Melv

    Melv, Aug 8, 2003

  2. Melv

    TCEBob Guest

    If you propose to refill be sure the ink is certified by the vendor to
    be specifically for your particular cartridges. Then, no. It is widely
    assumed that printer manufacturers sell the printers at close to
    break-even in expectation of making up the profits on cartridges. You
    can purchase refill ink in bulk at unbelievably low cost per refill.
    Cartridges can be refilled anywhere from 10 to 20 times, particularly if
    the print head is not included on the cartridge. On the minus side,
    consider the value of your time contrasted with the cost of a new
    cartridge. Try it. New low-priced cartridges can be found at Staples or
    on the net. Join the Black Fingertip Society. Spread a newspaper under
    the work area.

    rs

    TCEBob, Aug 8, 2003

  3. On Fri, 08 Aug 2003 17:21:28 GMT, Melv wrote
    Depends on which model Epson you've got.

    I've been running a bottom-of-the-range Stylus Color 580 for at least a
    couple of years now on compatible cartridges from an internet supplier
    here in the UK. They're not the absolute cheapest around, but they're
    down to £2 for the black and £3.50 for the colour, and they've always
    worked fine for me, so I've stuck with them.

    I'd probably feel differently if I had an expensive printer or if I was
    doing serious photo printing.

    Harvey Van Sickle, Aug 8, 2003
  4. Melv

    Patrick Guest

    I paid £40 for my Epson C40. The ink ran out in no time, paid about £35 for
    new Epson cartridges (1black,1colour).
    Thus If I had bought non Epson (invalidateing guarantee) I couldn't have
    lost.

    Patrick, Aug 8, 2003
  5. Melv

    Bob B Guest

    I have an epson color 760 and have been using alternatives from choice
    stationary for about 2 years cost £9.99 for 2x black and 2x colour ...or 6 x
    black for £9 next day free delivery ....(cheaper than using a photo copier)
    they guarantee to be as good as the originals and I have had no problems
    http://www.choicestationery.com/ BB

    Bob B, Aug 8, 2003
  6. Melv

    Unknown Guest

    Been refilling my cartridges now for the last three years. No Problems. I
    have an Epson 850

    Unknown, Aug 8, 2003
  7. Melv

    anyman Guest