    If the worst came to the worst and in practice the ink quality was found to
    be not as excellent as genuine Epson ink could this effect the printer.
    Thanks

    Dave Stockdale, Jan 19, 2005

  2. Dave Stockdale

    SwissTony Guest

    On most if not all Epson original cartridges there is a chip which
    calculates how much ink has been used and tells the printer when the
    cartridge is empty.
    Most compatibles have the same chip.
    Which Epson printer do u have.???

    SwissTony, Jan 19, 2005

  3. Dave Stockdale

    Bob B Guest

    I have use compatibles for Epsons for over 4 years without any
    problems...get it from here as it is postage free and very very cheap...
    www.choicestationary.com Bob

    Bob B, Jan 19, 2005
  4.
    Dave Stockdale, Jan 19, 2005
  5. ---------------------
    Thanks for the comments and the lead.
    Choice looks cheap but....even keener,...
    Can't work out if there's any catch with current eBay add of 5 full sets (20
    compatible chipped cartridges for ) for £31...if not, think we'll invest :)
    Any thoughts?
    Cheers.

    Dave Stockdale, Jan 19, 2005
  6. If the seller has a good rating then buy the ink, but only if you need
    that amount. It doesn't last forever on a shelf, it can dry up after
    about six months to a year. Also, your printer won't last forever and
    the cartridges won't be much good to you if you buy a colour laser now
    that they're coming down in price.

    You might want to try out a few different cheap inks so that you get
    the best one for your usual type of paper.

    Michael Trelawney, Jan 19, 2005
  7.
    dave stockdale, Jan 19, 2005