    for the C84 are a tad more expensive. Does this imply they're better?

    Would it be a safe bet that either of these printers (though low-end) would
    be better than the earlier Stylus Photo 700? Or not?

    Michael A. Covington, Nov 16, 2003

  2. Michael A. Covington

    UrkTheTurk Guest

    New case but most important new ink type, see:
    http://www.photo-i.co.uk/News/Aug03/EpsonC84.htm

    I have a 750 photo, the C84 is MUCH faster.
    Better ? Only YOUR eyes can decide, I have seen the same picture printed
    on both printers I can see no difference in print quality.

    C84 is a good choice but also look at the new Cannon printers, go to a
    computer store and compare, if possible bring your own picture on a CD
    or USB memory for example.

    Separate ink cartridge for each color is a good idea. My old 750 dont
    have this and "eats" a lot of rgb cartridges.

    UrkTheTurk, Nov 16, 2003

  3. Michael A. Covington

    RobbH Guest

    I've asked about these printers, and the word I've gotten is that they
    produce very good prints on matte paper. If glossy prints are important to
    you, it may be best to look elsewhere. However, there are supposed to be
    new glossy papers that work well with the pigment inks used in these
    printers, so that may be worth investigating, too.

    RobbH, Nov 16, 2003
  4. Thanks! I gather the C84 ink costs are also lower, at least over here.

    Do you print on plain paper, glossy photo paper, or both?

    Michael A. Covington, Nov 16, 2003