    here with any ideas? I'm getting quite mad at the thing.

    Thanks!

    Bill

    Chalky, Jan 27, 2004

  2. Chalky

    Bill Hilton Guest

    From: "Chalky"
    My wife prints 4x6, 5x7 and 8x10" borderless prints on her Epson 1280 all the
    time with no problems. Are you sure you're checking the 'borderless' box in
    the printer driver setup?

    Bill Hilton, Jan 27, 2004

  3. Chalky

    Mark Herring Guest

    FASCINATING!!!!!!

    I print borderless all the time with the 1280. It might clip off 1%
    of the picture---but not enough that i ever noticed it.

    Then I got a photo 900---from all the specs appears to be basically
    the same a s the 1280, including using the same carts.

    The 900 prints borderless with about 6% clipping.

    After a fruitless go-around with Epson, I tried---on a hunch--
    installing an 890 driver. The 900 now behaved EXACTLY the way my 1280
    behaves. (This kinda makes sense: the 890 and 1280 came out at the
    same time and the user interface on the drivers is the same.)

    My dialog with Epson ended with them ignoring my point about how the
    driver solved the issue. Now we have more ammunition to try and get
    them to say something useful.

    Meanwhile:
    What driver version do you have?

    Mine:

    1280 driver: 5.11P
    890 driver: 5.21P
    900 driver: 5.4
    **************************
    Mark Herring, Pasadena, Calif.
    Private e-mail: Just say no to "No".

    Mark Herring, Jan 27, 2004
  4. Chalky

    Martin Raper Guest

    I have an 890 and always print borderless. I check the
    No Margins box on the Properties - Paper tab.

    Martin Raper, Jan 27, 2004
  5. Chalky

    Chalky Guest

    Hi Mark,

    Yes - I'm using the 5.21/p driver for the 890 also.

    Chalky, Jan 27, 2004
  6. Chalky

    mark herring Guest

    This is getting weirder. Can you tell what percent cropping you are
    getting?
    Exact print size in photoshop, and the paper size you are specfying?
    The ACTUAL paper size?

    --
    ******************
    Mark Herring

    *

    mark herring, Jan 27, 2004
  7. Chalky

    Chalky Guest

    I must be getting only around 85% The exact print size is 29.7cm x 21cm (A4)
    and I am specifying Epson A4 Premium Glossy Paper as that is indeed the
    paper I am using. In Print with Preview in PS7 I am showing the whole print
    more or less filling the page when "Scale to fit Media" is selected but when
    the driver preview comes up - whey hey! Totally cropped.

    Chalky, Jan 28, 2004
  8. Chalky

    Chalky Guest

    That's possibly an exaggeration - maybe 90%

    Chalky, Jan 28, 2004
  9. Chalky

    Stu Guest

    Hi all.
    This may be a daft suggestion, but have you tried using the photo quicker
    software to print the photo's? I use this & it always prints the whole
    photo, no cropping.
    Regards.
    Stu.

    Stu, Jan 28, 2004
  10. Chalky

    Chalky Guest

    Thanks for the suggestion Stu - I have tried it and get the same thing
    unfortunately.

    Chalky, Jan 28, 2004