Epson 2200 with Lumijet Canvas

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by TravelingChick, Dec 15, 2003.

  1. I'm having trouble using this combination of printer and paper
    (actually, cloth canvas). The wheels that help guide the media to exit
    the printer are picking up ink that hasn't quite dried and leaving
    streaks on my prints.

    I believe that the ink is not drying quick enough, and that somehow I
    should be able to slow down the printer. I went into the Ink Config
    tab on the printer dialog and turned the time up to 20 secs, but it
    had no effect that I could see. I'm now thinking of swapping the
    printer to USB instead of firewire in the hopes of slowing it down.
    (Ironic, I complained about slow times for soooo long....) The paper
    is quite thixk and I'm conerned that is also the problem, although I'm
    using the manual feed slot and following Epson's directions for thick
    paper.

    I know this paper isn't officially endorsed by Epson, but have any of
    you used this combination and if so how did you avoid/solve these
    problems? I'm printing using the settings recommended: Premium Luster
    Photo Paper/1440 dpi.

    Any help appreciated.

    C.

    TravelingChick, Dec 15, 2003

  2. TravelingChick

    Bill Hilton Guest

    From: (TravelingChick)
    I tried Lumijet papers (though not canvas) on a couple of Epsons and finally
    gave up.

    Here's a source of Canvas paper for the 2200 that supposedly dries quickly
    enough that you don't smear ink on the rollers ...

    http://www.inkjetart.com/canvas/

    Bill Hilton, Dec 15, 2003

  3. Some paper and ink combinations are just not meant to be.
    Some people have found a way to lift the outfeed rollers so they
    don't touch the paper. This may help.
    It may be that the ink will never dry properly.
    Try another vendor for your paper.

    Robert Feinman, Dec 15, 2003
  4. TravelingChick

    Dan Sullivan Guest