    Sbtypesetter Guest

    Opinions?

    -Rick

    Sbtypesetter, Sep 6, 2004

  2. Sbtypesetter

    Bill Hilton Guest

    From: (Sbtypesetter)
    I've got both ... printing the same file on both it's clear to me the 4000
    produces better prints (more accurate match to what I see on the screen) due
    mainly to the excellent profiles Epson included with it. On the other hand, is
    it worth 3x the money to be able to print 17x22" sheets instead of 13x19"
    sheets to you?

    Bill

    Bill Hilton, Sep 6, 2004

  3. Sbtypesetter

    gsum Guest

    Why the 4000? Get a 7600 and then you'll be able to get some
    really impressive prints. Running costs are about half of the 2200
    and the 7600 doesn't cost much more than the 4000.

    Graham

    gsum, Sep 6, 2004
  4. The 4000 is faster. The 4000 is probably better (the specs are
    better). The 4000 prints bigger sheets (16" print width I believe,
    vs. 12" for the 2200).

    The 4000 also costs about 3x as much.

    David Dyer-Bennet, Sep 6, 2004
  5. Does the 7600 run the Ultrachrome inks, though? I remember it as a dye
    printer.

    David Dyer-Bennet, Sep 6, 2004
  6. Sbtypesetter

    Tom Scales Guest

    7600 is THE way to go. Just a few hundred more than a 4000 from a reputable
    dealer. Ultrachrome inks. Unbelievable results.

    Tom

    Tom Scales, Sep 6, 2004
  7. Wow, they seem to have added the Ultrachromes as an official option.
    Good for them!

    I do note that it lists for $3k, considerably more than the $1.8k the
    4000 lists for.

    David Dyer-Bennet, Sep 7, 2004