    I'm stuck.
    Any suggestions?

    Carol R

    Carol R, Nov 22, 2004

  2. Carol R

    Annika1980 Guest

    From: (Carol R)
    Can you post the pic?
    Sounds like it could be a gamut or color space issue.

    Annika1980, Nov 22, 2004

  3. Carol R

    Carol R Guest

    Hello Annika,

    I've never posted an image to a newsgroup, not sure how.

    anyway I put one of the images on my web site with a dead link. You
    can get to it via: www.carolromanphotography.com/painterlessons.html

    This is just part of image and before I did touch up. The hair in
    shadow will be blocked up, but I can see the hair detail on my
    monitor.

    Thanks for looking.

    Carol

    Carol R, Nov 25, 2004
  4. There's but one pic on that page, and pointers to two images. Don't know
    if that'll make a difference.

    John McWilliams, Nov 25, 2004
  5. Carol R

    Annika1980 Guest

    Annika1980, Nov 25, 2004
  6. Carol R

    Annika1980 Guest

    From: (Carol R)
    OK, I took your pic, re-sized it to 200%, and printed it out on some Epson
    Velvet Fine Art paper. (This wouldn't normally be my first choice of paper,
    but my Photo Black ink was out so I had to use the Matte Black cartridge.)

    Anyway, I then scanned the pic on my flatbed scanner and the results can be
    seen here:
    http://members.aol.com/annika1980/karin2.jpg

    I don't see any blurring of the shadow detail that you described. So at this
    point my suggestion would be to make sure you're using the proper
    paper/ink/profiles in your color management system.

    Annika1980, Nov 25, 2004