    supply forb the next year.
    Thanks

    Barry

    westmobd, Jan 22, 2004

  2. westmobd

    Jeff Simmons Guest

    I'm not sure how much help this is.... I have a new 2200 and have
    printed 42 8x10 images with it. I have just replaced the light magenta
    cartridge and the light black, light cyan, and yellow are all at the
    20% level. It's winter in New England so there has not been a lot of
    vivid color in my pictures so far.

    Hope this is helpful.

    Jeff

    Jeff Simmons, Jan 22, 2004

  3. westmobd

    Canopus Guest

    It's all according to what type of printing you are doing, high, medium or
    low resolution, how much black and white you are doing, how often you use it
    and the temperature of the environment. The less you use it the less the
    number of sheets as it will slowly evaporate. Your best bet is to see what
    Epson state is the number of sheets per cartridge then triple it and put
    that in to your budget request then readjust it next year. Better to have a
    budget too high than run out three quarters of the year through.

    Rob

    Canopus, Jan 22, 2004
  4. westmobd

    JIM Guest

    I have one; however, due to the separate ink tanks, it is difficult and/or
    next to impossible to guesstimate consumption rate. The lighter (light cyan,
    etc.) inks will deplete faster than the darker ones. The print, complexity
    of color and coverage, affects the rate as well.

    Better, possibly, method to determine your budget (approximate) requirement
    for ink would be to use Epson's numbers and add some percentage, 15%(?), for
    the manufacturer's overconfidence;) Just 'cause I'm a good guy, I did the
    research for you and these are Epson's numbers:

    "Black Yield: 628 pages text - - - - 440 pages graphic @ 5% coverage

    "Color Yield: 440 pages @ 5% coverage per color"

    Sooo, just 'guesstimating' full coverage 8" x 10" color prints would allow
    you somewhere around +/-25 before needing to change at least one or more
    cartridges...................Now, all ya need to know is how many of those
    index prints and other 'stuff' you do per year and don't forget to fudge the
    numbers for waste;)

    Shoot'em up, budget later, Agfa, Fuji, Kodak and all the rest will love you
    for it!!

    Jim

    JIM, Jan 22, 2004
  5. westmobd

    Birk Binnard Guest

    In a production environment you should really investigate a Continuous Flow
    System. It's a set of ink bottle that sits next to the printer connected by
    plastic tubing to cartridges you never replace. You'll probably save more
    than the cost of the CFS in 6 mos. -- here's a link to get you started:

    http://www.mediastreet.com/cgi-bin/tame/mediastreet/niagra.tam

    Birk Binnard, Jan 22, 2004
  6. westmobd

    Bill Hilton Guest

    From: (westmobd)
    Most estimates I've seen come in at around $2 per sq-ft for ink alone (add in
    the paper costs). I've had mine for over a year and this sounds like as
    accurate a guess as any.

    http://www.inkjetart.com/news/archive/IJN_03-14-03.html for a typical
    "guesstimate" ... he says $2.51 for $11.95 carts but carts are universally
    available for $9.99 now so this drops to a bit over $2.
    At $2 / sq-ft an 8x10 would price out to $1.11 ... figure $1.25 and you should
    be comfortably safe for budgeting purposes, assuming you know where to get the
    carts for $10 with no tax and free shipping (try the inkjet art site, which
    offers this for orders over $80).

    Bill

    Bill Hilton, Jan 22, 2004
  7. westmobd

    George Kerby Guest

    Yep. It seems that the light magenta goes faster than the others. The least
    consumed (in my experience) is the yellow cartridge. Mostly shots of groups
    of people.

    George Kerby, Jan 23, 2004