Epson 2100 [2200] Profile Woes

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Andy S, Mar 4, 2005.

  1. Andy S

    Andy S Guest

    Hi,

    I'm using a colour managed workflow on Photoshop CS, MacOS X and
    printing to an Epson 2100. Up to now I have been using Epson inks and
    Epson paper and the results have been great. However, I'm now trying
    Ilford Gallerie papers. I have downloaded the ICC profiles for the
    paper (from the Ilford site) and placed them in
    Library/ColorSync/Profiles. I select these as my destination colour
    space when I use print with preview..., perceptual. I turn colour
    management off in the print dialog [same workflow as I use for Epson
    paper - just different ICC].

    The output I get is very heavily cast. So, blue/green water comes out a
    vivid gree, looks like the entire print as a magenta cast.

    I suspect I am doing something stupid, but any assistance would be much
    appreciated.

    Best regards,

    Andy S

    Andy S, Mar 4, 2005

  2. Andy S

    Andy S Guest

    ahem...schoolboy error.

    Apparently selecting the paper type after selecting 'no colour
    management' resets the colour management so you have to go re-set.

    Poor UI, but I should have checked. Duh

    Andy S, Mar 4, 2005

  3. Andy S

    bmoag Guest

    The pink tone suggests color management being applied twice: by Photoshop
    and by the printer driver.

    bmoag, Mar 4, 2005