    lpi. I would appreciate any feedback.

    Thanks,
    John

    John, Dec 29, 2003

  2. Are you using Epson Inks? Some off brand inks give unacceptable coverage.

    Are you printing at 1440 dpi? Printing at 360 dpi will sometimes produce
    this effect.
    What paper? Plain vanilla inkjet paper (as opposed to photo paper) can
    produce muddy output.
    Bob Williams

    Robert E. Williams, Dec 29, 2003

  3. John

    DM Guest

    I've seen this problem with my old Epson 750 as well as my newer
    820. Unless I used the printer regularly the heads would clog, and
    I had to take my 820 to the service center for cleaning. Repeated
    cleaning cycles wouldn't unclog the heads. This is a well known
    "issue" with Epson printers. In the end I got sick of it and
    switched to Canon. No problem so far. Guess you'll have
    to send it to Epson for a cleanup.

    DM, Dec 30, 2003
  4. My 1270 gunked up. The nozzles worked but they were blocked by
    something. I couldn't figure out if it was dust or simply droplets of
    ink adhering to the head. Prints would lighten up and then ink would
    smear all over the paper.

    I'm guessing that the automatic plastic head wiper wore out. Wiping off
    the head with a paper towel solved the problem for only a short time.
    Eventually a paper towel jammed and ripped out some of those sharp metal
    paper guides.

    I figured it was a fluke and bought a 2200. This expensive piece of
    crap suffers from clogged nozzles on a regular basis; way more often
    than my 1270 did. 1/4 of the nozzles plugged up within 30 minutes of
    the first use. It's the last Epson I'll ever buy and I can't recommend
    that you get another one.

    Kevin McMurtrie, Dec 30, 2003