    Just was wondering why this was so. Perhaps to stop unwanted control
    changes?

    Trev

    Trevor, Sep 23, 2005

  2. Trevor

    Jim Townsend Guest

    The bottom on/off switch is the main power and yes, the second 'on' switch
    by the large dial is to disable it so you don't accidentally bump the
    exposure compensation..

    If you haven't done this yet, you will do it eventually :)

    Jim Townsend, Sep 23, 2005

  3. Trevor

    Tom Guest

    Yup, only a matter of time before you accidentally adjust the exposure
    compensation.

    Set it to middle position unless you want to adjust exposure compensation.

    Tom, Sep 23, 2005
  4. Trevor

    Dirty Harry Guest

    I leave the wheel enabled at all times...but I mostly shoot in M.

    Dirty Harry, Sep 23, 2005
  5. Trevor

    Tom Guest

    If you shoot in manual mode, I assume you are using studio flash and using a
    light meter.

    Shooting in manual mode is even worst, and even more of a reason to select
    the middle position.

    In manual mode, it is very easy to adjust the aperture a few stops
    inadvertently.

    Tom, Sep 23, 2005