    only access the high jpeg files afterwards - how does one access the RAW
    files?

    Mr.Will

    Mr.Will, Sep 28, 2005

  2. Mr.Will

    Bill Hilton Guest

    I shot at high jpeg and raw together, yet can only access
    What program are you trying to to view the RAW files with? Any
    graphics program will display jpegs but to see the RAW files you'll
    need either the Canon software (File Viewer Utility or EOS Viewer or
    whatever came with the camera) or a program with RAW conversion
    software like Capture One or RSE or Photoshop etc.

    Bill Hilton, Sep 28, 2005

  3. Mr.Will

    Jim Townsend Guest

    You don't provide much information, but I'm guessing you're trying to use
    Windows camera wizard.

    Windows doesn't recognize RAW files on EOS cameras.. Until they write
    this in to the operating system, you will never see RAW files this way.

    You have to use Canon's supplied software to download RAW files from
    your camera..

    For about $10.00 US, you can purchase a compact flash card reader and
    have full access to everything on your memory cards....

    Jim Townsend, Sep 29, 2005
  4. Mr.Will

    Mr.Will Guest

    Hi there Jim,

    Thanks, but I have a flashcard reader - this is what is puzzling me.
    I take the card out of the camera and plug it into this yet seem to have one
    folder only called "EOSDCIM" or something similar and it has only the jpegs.
    Canon manual definitely says you should get two files of the same name but
    one with extension jpg and one with extension tif.

    This is the original EOS 1d and not the mark 2 if that makes any difference.
    Its weird though because the manual definitely states this is a feature of
    the camera.

    Mr.Will

    Mr.Will, Sep 29, 2005
  5. Mr.Will

    Bill Hilton Guest

    Mr.Will writes ...
    I have a Mark II and you can set nine different record modes, four
    different sizes/compressions of jpegs, one RAW only, and four with RAW
    + one of the four jpeg options ... are you certain you have the 1D set
    to the correct mode? Otherwise it won't automatically record both.

    Bill Hilton, Sep 29, 2005
  6. Mr.Will

    RON Guest

    IF you have Windows XP you can go to Microsoft and down load the program
    that lets you see the raw photos. I did it and it works great.

    RON, Sep 29, 2005
  7. Mr.Will

    Ken Weitzel Guest

    Hi Mr. Will

    Don't have one, didn't win the lottery yet... soon though :)

    Just thinking out loud; wonder if the raw files might be hidden?

    A quick and easy check might be to start with an empty card. You
    naturally know the capacity. Record a few "combo" shots, then look
    at it in dos or windows explorer with your reader.

    See the size of the jpeg's, subtract that from the card capacity,
    and allowing for sector size losses see how much, if any, space is
    missing?

    Like I say, just a thought.

    Take care.

    Ken

    Ken Weitzel, Sep 29, 2005
  8. Mr.Will

    Jim Townsend Guest

    What program is that ??

    Do you have a link ?

    Jim Townsend, Sep 29, 2005
  9. Digital Photography Now, Sep 29, 2005
  10. I've looked back at my 2001 archive of 1D shots and indeed, the JPEGs are
    saved alongside the RAW images and these have a .TIF extension. Later Canons
    use the .CRW extension.

    If you can't see them , it does look like you didn't save them and the
    camera was not configured correctly.

    Ian

    Digital Photography Now
    http://dpnow.com
    Visit our discussion forum at http://dpnow.com/Forums.html

    Digital Photography Now, Sep 29, 2005
  11. Mr.Will

    Mr.Will Guest

    Thanks to everyone who helped me here.
    I think the Manual supplied by Canon doesnt go into enough depth, or maybe I
    just couldnt get it from the manual.

    essentially in one window, one must make sure that the setting is to "RAW",
    and then from your menu must select the RAW+ high jpeg option for the
    recording of jpeg plus raw.
    The manual seems to only mention the menu screen and not the shortcut window
    at the bottom of the camera.

    Thanks for helping once again.

    Mr.Will

    Mr.Will, Sep 30, 2005