    review that also fit my budget. i just need something that has take
    great night time indoor pictures like at wedding receptions. what lens
    and flash do you recommand for entry level phtographer? TIA

    jamie kim, Mar 5, 2007

  2. There is quite a good article I've been reading on photo.net about entry
    level dslr's.

    http://www.photo.net/equipment/building-a-digital-slr-system/

    cheers adrian www.boliston.co.uk

    Adrian Boliston, Mar 5, 2007

  3. jamie kim

    dj_nme Guest

    Digital Photography Review <dpreview.com> has reviews on most of the
    digital cameras that are produced.
    The D40 <http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/nikond40/>
    The D50 <http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/nikond50/>
    The D80 <http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/nikond80/>

    The only minus for the D40 seems to be that it has no lens motor in the
    camera body, so AF-S and AF-I lenses will only work as manual focus lenses.
    Apart from that, it looks like a lot of camera for the money.

    The other alternative is to go off on your own and get a Canon XTi
    <http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canoneos400d/> or Pentax K100D
    <http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/pentaxk100d/>.
    The K100 is "only" 6.1mp, but has a feature that requires
    ultra-expensive lenses to be had with the Canon XTi: 'Shake Reduction'.
    Any lens attached to the K100D can use the in-body antishake.
    The Canon XTi, on the other hand has 10.1mp sensor.

    dj_nme, Mar 6, 2007