    Jackson D Guest

    I like to make prints that are 18x 24 or so. Does anyone know if the Nikon
    D100 will handle images this size?

    Jackson D, Oct 26, 2003

  2. Jackson D

    Paolo Pizzi Guest

    Absolutely.

    Paolo Pizzi, Oct 26, 2003

  3. Jackson D

    Bob Hatch Guest

    Yes.

    You will have to resample or interpolate the image up to the size you want
    to print (18x24) at whatever ppi your printer/lab requires. I use 250 ppi
    because that resolution looks damn good when printed on my Epson 7600 and as
    good as any film image off the printers used by my lab.

    Bob Hatch, Oct 26, 2003
  4. Jackson D

    Mark Herring Guest

    It all depends on your standards........

    many people report that they use 250ppi for most printing (and that
    they can see improvement beyond 300.)

    18x24 at 250 ppi = 4500x 6000 pixels = 27Mpixels

    150 ppi might be OK for something you don't look closely at. Now we
    have:
    2700x3600 = 9.7 Mpixel

    100ppi??
    1800x2400 = 4.3M pixel

    To me a print at 100ppi is pretty marginal. YMMV

    -Mark

    digital photos, more and better computers,
    and never enough time to do the projects.
    Private e-mail: Just say no to No

    Mark Herring, Oct 28, 2003