Enjoy Low cost high quality long distance Internet Phone calls that make sense

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by John, May 18, 2005.

  1. John

    John Guest

    www.gateway2call.com PC-to-phone and broadband phone services enable you
    to make and receive worldwide calls with incredibly low rates. Anyone
    with a broadband (high-speed) internet access can use their PC, regular
    phone
    or cordless phone to make unlimited calls from anywhere to anywhere in
    the U.S. , Canada, & up to 36 countries for one low monthly rate. The
    Pay-as-you-go's call plans will meet users who prefer to go for the low
    per minute International toll rates when needs arise. Manage your account
    online,
    Our voicemail will auto forward voicemail to your email as an attachment
    when you are not available, forward call to any phone and more. Talk
    smart with clear connections for a fraction of the cost of regular long
    distance phone calls.

    Tired of using headphones and a computer! Just pick up a normal
    touch-tone phone or cordless phone, dial a phone number and start
    talking! Our broadband phones use the latest technology to send your
    calls over the Internet to bring you the greatest features, save you
    money and still give you stable, reliable phone service! Our call
    servers support most Gateway systems and phone adaptors.

    Gateway2call offers home and business plans to meet all your needs.
    Several plans include unlimited calling within the US and Canada. You
    may choose a monthly plan that comes with free Incoming phone number or
    a 800 number so you are always get connected any time anywhere from any
    regular phone or mobile.

    Please visit www.gateway2call.com for more exciting features and call
    plans, one will suit your personal or business needs.

    John, May 18, 2005

  2. John

    Lee Guest

    Isn't it common courtesy to prefix the subject line with "ADV:" or somesuch
    for explicitly commercial postings? I don't see that this post starts a
    conversation that can be replied to.... damn, I just did!

    Lee, May 18, 2005

  3. John

    Ivor Jones Guest

    Indeed. Please read the charter for this group.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, May 18, 2005
  4. John

    digit Guest

    I think that the above borders on spam. However, its nice to see that
    you have found a Virtual Telco that you like. For a very cool option you
    should look at www.voipfone.co.uk who are offering mobile callback which
    means you ring a number that is "busy" (so no cost) that number
    recognises your mobile number and calls you back with a dialtone then
    voilla anywhere in the world on a mobile at a LOW cost....

    digit, May 21, 2005
  5. John

    Ivor Jones Guest

    I tihnk it's about time I re-posted the group charter.

    CHARTER: uk.telecom.voip

    This group is for the discussion of topics relevant to:

    [1] Packet based voice and associated technologies including but not
    limited to Voice over IP (VoIP), Fax over IP (FoIP), Voice over Frame
    Relay (VoFR), Voice over Broadband (VoB) and Voice on the Net (VoN).

    [2] Service providers for the above.

    [3] Hardware and software available for use with packet based voice
    and associated technology.

    Advertising is forbidden.

    Encoded binaries (e.g. pictures, compressed files, etc.) are forbidden.
    Such material belongs on a web or FTP site to which a pointer may be
    posted. Cryptographic signatures (e.g. PGP) may be used where
    authentication is important and should be as short as possible.

    Posts must be readable as plain text. HTML, RTF and similarly formatted
    messages are prohibited. To see how to make some common newsreaders comply
    with this, read <http://www.usenet.org.uk/ukpost.html>.

    Pointers to commercial or other web sites in signatures are permitted
    provided the message is on-topic. All signatures should be 4 lines or
    fewer and preceded by the customary usenet separator "-- " (dash, dash,
    space) on a line of its own.

    Ivor Jones, May 21, 2005
  6. John

    Guest Guest

    Shame on them. How about this gem from their website:

    "We are pleased to announce the launch of our new 056 number range and
    also 0208 outer London Numbers as well as 0870 & 0845 numbers".

    Guest, May 21, 2005
  7. John

    dexter Guest

    At least Voipfone could teach Sipgate one hell of a lot about keeping
    a service active 24/7 and also maintaining a fully working voicemail
    service .

    dexter, May 21, 2005

    Mat

    Mathew Curtis, May 26, 2005
  9. [..]
    Having just read what it says about this on their Web site, I'm not too
    sure exactly what they mean:

    ---------- 8< ----------
    The cost of calling 0208 819 81 81 is FREE because we don't answer it, we
    simple identify the number you are calling from and return your call at
    our advertised rate for that destination. You will be charged for both
    legs of the call, in other words you will pay for the cost of the call
    from our network to your mobile number as well as the cost of the call to
    the person you wish to speak with.

    A bit ambiguous in my opinion.

    Martin Foster, May 31, 2005
  10. I use it and it works very well and saves me a buck or two they have
    just put up a new page with some more info
    http://www.voipfone.co.uk/PB_Free_Access_Call_Back.php

    Mat

    Mathew Curtis, Jun 1, 2005