    If one in is an area where the signal from publically accessable
    wireless networks is too weak, what is the best and most cost-effective
    way of enhancing the signal for my wifi enabled laptop? thanks.

    Dave, Nov 28, 2005

  2. Dave

    Evan Platt Guest

    Get an external antenna for your laptop.

    Evan Platt, Nov 28, 2005

  3. And ram it up his arse?

    is but a dream within a dream.

    Lord Gazwad of Grantham, Nov 28, 2005
  4. Dave

    Dangermouse Guest

    do a search for WARDRIVING , and you will get access to
    a whole plethora of signal boosting antennas .
    Some can be home n\made with a pringle tin or you
    can buy the infamous CANTENNA , via ebay , think
    it goes for between USD 30-60 depending what
    part of world you are in

    PEG

    Dangermouse, Nov 29, 2005