    painting are reflecting light. Is there a filter or a list of
    manipulations that I can use to enhance the result.

    PS : I use The Gimp 2.

    Yves, Apr 10, 2004

  2. Yves

    Savidge4 Guest

    I intend to build a part of my website with paintings of a friend.
    I think the most honest answer to this question is to re-shoot your images.
    taking a quick look at your site, I can see that you are using a digital
    camera. One of the many wonders of this digital tool is to immediately see any
    short comings in your images. You would only be doing yourself and your friend
    a service by getting properly lit images upfront, and not manipulating and
    enhancing the images you already have.

    Savidge4, Apr 10, 2004

  3. Yves

    Steve King Guest

    Poloroid filters are supposed to help with unwanted reflections.

    Steve . . .

    Steve King, Apr 11, 2004
  4. Yves

    Ted Guest

    Only from glass or metal.

    Ted, Apr 12, 2004
  5. Yves

    Ken Weitzel Guest

    And water, and asphalt, and any other "shiny" reflective
    surface.

    Ken

    Ken Weitzel, Apr 12, 2004
  6. Yves

    Skip M Guest

    Polarizing, not Polaroid, filters do not minimize reflections from metal.
    OTOH, they do minimize reflections from water.

    --
    Skip Middleton
    http://www.shadowcatcherimagery.com

    Skip M, Apr 12, 2004
  7. Polarizing filters work on any surface - water, water vapor, plants,
    sidewalks, rocks, paint, wood, bird feathers, linoleum, and even skin.
    The angle of reflection is all that matters. Since reflections directly
    from the sun have no color and little texture, using a polarizer on
    sunny days makes a dramatic improvement.

    A polarizer can also double the relative brightness of reflections, if
    you choose. Sometimes a reflection is important to a photograph.

    Kevin McMurtrie, Apr 12, 2004
  8. Yves

    Yves Guest

    I tried to use my polysiring filter ---> without none effect !

    The reflexion comes from the coating lake (in frensh "vernis" ) applied on
    the paintings.

    Yves, Apr 12, 2004
  9. Now that is what I call a real response. I to also have the same problem
    with my polysiring filter. But a liberal application of "frensh vernis" does
    the trick.

    Jack-of-the-Dust, Apr 12, 2004