End of trial period......DAMN!! Please Help

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Guest, May 4, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Hi,

    I Build my pc on my own, and 120 days ago i installed x64 edition because
    this is the only version of windows that my computer supports.
    This x64 edition was that trial version, but now i get a message that
    windows will shutdown in one hour.
    At that time i installed this version there was no boxed version that i
    could buy.
    And it looks like, that it wouldn't happen until vista is released.

    I now can use my computer 1 hour an than it will reboot.....over and over
    again.

    Again, i build my computer myself. So x64 is was not deliverd with my PC

    Please does someone have a solution,

    Rgrds
    Jimmy Lam
    The Netherlands

    Intel Pentium D 3.2 "Extreme Edition"
    2G DDR2 Memory
    Dual Nvidia 7800GT

    Guest, May 4, 2006

  2. Guest

    John John Guest

    Yeah, buy an x64 OEM copy. What is so special with this computer that
    it can't run a 32 bit operating system?

    John

    John John, May 4, 2006

  3. Guest

    Roy Coorne Guest

    Jimmy Lam Please Help schrieb:

    So you have about half an hour to download a Linux distro, e.g.,
    http://en.opensuse.org/Download

    Roy

    Roy Coorne, May 4, 2006
  4. Guest

    Spicer Guest

    Spicer, May 4, 2006
  5. Andre Da Costa [Extended64], May 4, 2006
  6. Couldn't he download a new trial, though?

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, May 5, 2006
  7. Yes, but the the part thats probably worrying him right now is his data in
    the existing installation, he needs to get that backed up. He doesn't have
    to download a new trial either, the existing download of XP x64 can be used
    again, I think the limit is 5 licenses unless he has used them all, he would
    have download a fresh ISO of XP x64 again.
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
    http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], May 5, 2006
  8. Guest

    Jane Colman Guest

    I've got until the end of June on my trial version. Hopefully I'll be able
    to get a 64bit trial version of Vista by then. As to which one I will
    eventually buy, that's anybody's guess at the moment. If Vista lives up to
    expectations, I will consider it. Love XP Pro x64 though. Can't fault it
    at all. :)

    Jane Colman, May 5, 2006
  9. Guest

    Jane Colman Guest

    If he's got the Evaluation Copy (which I have), then it's only a single
    licence. You only get one key.

    Jane Colman, May 5, 2006
  10. Hello,
    Options.
    1) He wants to back up the date: Then he has an hour to backup any data
    before each reboot. the machine is fully functional for an hour before the
    reboots. He can back up data after each reboot if it takes more than an
    hour.
    2) He wants to just be able to run Windows XP X64 edition: He can reinstall
    clean with the same media and Product key to the same machine, He gets
    another 120 day eval period. He doesn't get to save his current
    installation however.
    3) He wants save his current installation with all his installed programs
    and data: He has to buy an OEM copy and upgrade the existing installation.
    There is no way to turn off the evaluation expiration other than upgrading
    to released media.
    Thanks,
    Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

    --------------------
    <From: "Jane Colman" <>
    <Subject: Re: End of trial period......DAMN!! Please Help
    <Date: Fri, 5 May 2006 10:09:32 +1000
    <Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general
    <
    <If he's got the Evaluation Copy (which I have), then it's only a single
    <licence. You only get one key.
    <
    <--
    <Jane, but not plain ;) 64 bit enabled :)
    <Batteries not included. Braincell on vacation.
    <
    <
    <

    Darrell Gorter[MSFT], May 5, 2006
  11. Guest

    DieterS Guest

    Hi
    there is an easy way to manage that with the single license of the
    evaluation Win Pro x64. You need a free partition in your PC or another
    hardisk for that purpose (even an older one). Then install some kind of XP
    on that other drive, either x86 or x64, and use the same admin password.
    Then after you login, your new installation will recognize the formerly c:
    drive as e: drive or something else. But you have access to your data and
    may copy it to a save place. This gives you time to decide with which OS you
    may want to continue . . .

    This should work.

    P.S. During the process of installing the temporary OS you should take
    precaution to not delete your x64 patition.
    I wish you success.

    Regards, Dieter Sabolewski, Switzerland

    "Jimmy Lam "Please Help"" <Jimmy Lam "Please

    DieterS, May 5, 2006
  12. Jane;
    There is no way the Trial of Vista any version will be available in June.
    Most likely you will need to wait until 2007.
    But if you mean the public Beta of Vista, that may be out in June.

    Jupiter Jones [MVP], May 5, 2006
  13. Guest

    Jane Colman Guest

    Jupiter, sorry, that's what I meant, the Public Beta. My bad :(

    Jane Colman, May 5, 2006
  14. Jane;
    I thought that is what you meant, just wanted to be sure.

    Jupiter Jones [MVP], May 6, 2006