    Yes, I know that. I have about 8 wireless bridge units connecting a
    front office to a back office and they are secured - don't even show up
    unless you know the SSID.

    Leythos, Dec 14, 2004

  2. nemo outis

    winged Guest

    If WiFi is properly implemented, moochers are not an issue. The Cranite
    solution www.cranite.com works pretty well ( for example) at allowing
    only authorized individuals to access the network.
    Winged

    winged, Dec 14, 2004

  3. nemo outis

    winged Guest

    I have worked on some weapons systems that used core and even used
    punched tape to reprogram the device. Shudders to remember punch cards.
    Good old days...think I'll keep my thumb drive. That computer in 78 I
    mentioned required hours of soldering components then when the project
    was complete had a coil mis-wound backwards (took a long time to
    troubleshoot).

    I built a nice little bar out of a old surplus HP carcass. Mounted
    with small fridge, sink and cabinet with a locking door ;-) It has
    caused more pleasure in this state, than it ever did operational.

    Winged

    winged, Dec 14, 2004
  4. nemo outis

    winged Guest

    Product looks interesting, what is it's operational impact? Looks ideal
    for road warriors. Thinking about buying PDA package to test. Thanks!
    Winged

    winged, Dec 14, 2004
  5. nemo outis

    Nomen Nescio Guest

    Dear Poster:
    Mr. "Lithtoad" does not at all like anonymitity, check out some of
    his posts in alt.computer.security regarding the Control Breal
    International affair. He is a pig waiting to bust people, like all
    pigs, he must be ignored and avoided all costs, he is trouble.
    Yes, he is, indeed, a fool, and a dangerous one, ignore him, freeze
    him out.

    Nomen Nescio, Dec 14, 2004
  6. nemo outis

    Anonymous Guest

    As a Marxist, Communist, and an anti-capitalist, absolutely
    let them remain free. The real thieves out there are the capitalist
    pigs, like yourself, acting as guardians of a corrupt and exploitative
    system, however, such a discussion is way over your head, little man.

    Anonymous, Dec 14, 2004
  7. nemo outis

    Leythos Guest

    Spoken like a true Troll, not a good one, but a troll-wanna-be.

    Leythos, Dec 14, 2004
  8. nemo outis

    Leythos Guest

    Yea, check them out - where some looser tried to use a product
    incorrectly, broke his drive, and then went and blamed the company that
    sold the product to him. After doing a search on Google concerning the
    problem, the same looser shows up under many places bitching about the
    same issue - them posts a pirated copy of the software, and still
    doesn't have a clue as how to use it. Oh, and he hid behind a reposting
    service since nothing he posted was factual.

    Leythos, Dec 14, 2004
  9. nemo outis

    Saarin Kert Guest

    The key
    Dear Lithtoad:

    With all of your expertise, you never located the Control Break
    International poster, did you?, even though you stated that you
    atempted to.

    Therefore, the technology (remailers, etc.) was sufficient to stump
    an expert like you wasn't it? You are an admitted pig and narc, and
    you were stumped, that is good enough for me.

    Saarin Kert, Dec 14, 2004
  10. nemo outis

    Nellie Lam Guest

    indeed even our local police use a registered copy.

    How would you know that jim?, are you a pig also, or just a rent-a-
    pig?

    Nellie Lam, Dec 14, 2004
  11. nemo outis

    Anonymous Guest

    You claim that no one can ever escape your clutches? And yet you
    Dear Nemo:

    As i told you, Lithtoad is a fraud, as is this Jim Watt character;
    you have now discovered it for yourself, just ignore them and they
    will go away; they are just rent-a-pig republican kids with loud
    mouths spreading FUD.

    Anonymous, Dec 14, 2004
  12. nemo outis

    Leythos Guest

    I never tried to locate the person as it had nothing to do with me. The
    company in question was fully aware of who the poster was, at least
    that's what they eluded to in several posts.

    I had no connection with the idiot user or the company other than to see
    the inappropriate spamming of numerous groups stop.

    If they had wanted to track you back to your posting system I'm sure
    they could have, you don't strike me as being smart enough to hide very
    well.

    Leythos, Dec 14, 2004
  13. nemo outis

    winged Guest

    Leythos,
    It isn't worth the bother, he believes in tried and failed systems too.
    Flaw seems to run the gambit in his thinking. He believes he would be
    free as a communist and a Marxist. He believes he can be anonymous.
    Failure seems to be embedded in his thinking patterns, you can't fix
    stupid users. He believes what is his is his and what is yours is his
    too. Probably best to let him "discover" on his own.

    Winged

    winged, Dec 14, 2004
  14. nemo outis

    Leythos Guest

    Winged, the post to which you replied was not written by me, it was
    misquoted, I never talk about Marxism in public. But, you are right,
    he's never going to learn until it happens to him.

    Leythos, Dec 14, 2004
  15. nemo outis

    winged Guest

    I was just addressing you I knew you didn't write it.

    I have seen communism first hand, and have "visited" several communist
    countries before the wall fell. Didn't take me long to figure out which
    system works better.

    I kind of like going to stores, finding shelves stocked, and not waiting
    2 hrs in line for toilet paper for a 2 roll limit. A place where
    potatoes and cabbage are not the only staples I can afford.

    Anonymous has his own delusions of reality. Until he returns to the
    world of reality, he will not understand the issue. Hopefully he will
    find reality before those things he worries about hiding, catch up to
    him. I wonder if he has ever even written any original code, interfaced
    a Burroughs, or even read Das Kapital.

    Winged

    winged, Dec 14, 2004
  16. nemo outis

    Jim Watt Guest

    I'm in the Information Technology business, it involves having
    information.

    People get the government and police service they pay for and are
    prepared to accept. Ours is excellent, crime is insignificant and they
    are very hepful and quite kosher. You circumstances may differ

    Jim Watt, Dec 14, 2004
  17. nemo outis

    Jim Watt Guest

    Why is it that anyone called 'anonymous' posts bollocks?

    Jim Watt, Dec 14, 2004
  18. nemo outis

    Jim Watt Guest

    ISTR it was called 'the Dual Program feature' If I really looked hard
    there is a S/3 manual somewhere in the junk department :) I even
    had a disk with the fortran compiler in someone elses attic along
    with lots of punch cards and paper tapes. Unless the mice have
    been nesting.

    Jim Watt, Dec 14, 2004
  19. nemo outis

    Leythos Guest

    I figured it was obvious that he's unable to code, and from the looks of
    his complains about software he can't understand, I figure he can't read
    either.

    Leythos, Dec 14, 2004
  20. nemo outis

    Leythos Guest

    LOL - I remember being sooo happy when we moved to the floppy systems
    from the 96 hole cards. I use to draw a couple diagonal lines down the
    side of a stack so that I could see if there were any in the wrong order
    - people thought I was being silly, until they dropped a stack of a few
    hundred :)

    Leythos, Dec 14, 2004