    Image text-base: 0x60008950, data-base: 0x60A2A000

    ROM: System Bootstrap, Version 11.1(20)AA2, EARLY DEPLOYMENT RELEASE
    SOFTWARE (fc1)

    Matt, Mar 4, 2004

  2. Try this:

    Router (config) # line vty 0 3
    Router (config-line) # transport input ssh

    Unfortunately not all cisco routers support SSH...

    --
    Regards,
    Carsten

    (Bei eMail-Kontakt, bitte "USENET" im Betreff mit angeben.
    For emails: Please specify "USENET" in the subject.)

    Carsten Schneider, Mar 4, 2004

  3. Matt

    Matt Guest

    Enter configuration commands, one per line. End with CNTL/Z.
    orion(config)#line vty 0 3
    orion(config-line)#tr
    orion(config-line)#transport in
    orion(config-line)#transport input s
    orion(config-line)#transport input s
    orion(config-line)#transport input s
    orion(config-line)#transport input ss
    orion(config-line)#transport input ss
    orion(config-line)#transport input ss
    orion(config-line)#transport input ss
    orion(config-line)#transport input ss
    orion(config-line)#transport input ss
    orion(config-line)#transport input ss?
    % Unrecognized command

    Seems mine doesn't recognize it...
    Will upgrading the IOS fix this?

    Matt, Mar 4, 2004
  4. Matt

    Kurt Jaeger Guest

    Hi!
    Yes, if you have enough flash and ram.

    Kurt Jaeger, Mar 4, 2004
  5. Perhaps, but my 806 also doesn't support SSH... It depends on the router.

    --
    Gruß,

    Carsten Schneider, Mar 5, 2004
  6. They have changed the feature navigator interface yet again, but I
    think about the minimum IOS you need for SSH on your 3640 would be
    c3640-is56i-mz.12.15.T16 whis is the IP PLUS IPSEC 56 feature set and
    wants a recommended minimum 48MB DRAM and 16MB flash.

    That gets you SECURE SHELL SSH VERSION 1 SERVER SUPPORT with 56 bit
    encryption. You can go up from there.

    Martin Gallagher, Mar 5, 2004
  7. Matt

    Mustafa Aksu

    Joined:
    Apr 15, 2008
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hi,
    I saw that this is a very old thread but just to help new visitors.
    - Yes SSH support starts after some IOS versions
    - Your IOS must be K9 (includes k9 in its name) it means with crypto. There are still some IOS images W/O CRYPTO because of export limitations to some countries.
    - And you should make necessary configuration . You can find a sample at http://cisco-network.com/hands-on/ssh-cisco/

    Mustafa Aksu, Sep 1, 2011