    identical to the Desktop's.

    Any ideas to solve this strange behaviour?
    Maria

    Maria, Jun 16, 2004

  2. The EXACT text of the error message you get would help a lot.

    Gary G. Taylor, Jun 16, 2004

  3. I was walking down the street, minding my own business, when on Wed,
    Sometimes they may *look* exact but if you have inadvertently put in a
    space somehow, you'll get error messages. Try retyping in the user
    name and password after rebooting the machine.

    Dr Harvie Wahl-Banghor
    ---

    Brantard explains his employment as a migrant farm worker before his permanent residency as a vagrant/wandering-nutjob/welfare-recipient in the Minneapolis/ St. Paul area:
    Nelly is Mexican.

    In message ID:<8.minneapolis1.mn.us.da.qwest.net>

    Who ever said Brandon Hex was white?

    In message ID:<8.minneapolis1.mn.us.da.qwest.net>

    Dr. Harvie Wahl-Banghor, Jun 16, 2004
  4. Maria

    Henry Henry Guest

    My Compaq 1750 Laptop (W98SE) suddenly refuses all email connection on
    Outlook
    The best test to establish whether you've made a minor error somewhere in
    entering the account details is to open OE and click on Tools > Accounts >
    Mail > Export and copy the file over to the laptop and install it there. If
    you still get the error message, post it here in full.

    Henry Henry, Jun 16, 2004
  5. Maria

    Maria Guest

    Netscape reports:
    "An error occurred with the POP3 Mail Server. You should contact the
    administrator for this server or try again later."

    Outlook Express reports:
    "Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for
    this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity.
    Account: 'I T M', Server: 'pop.cablewanadoo.nl', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110,
    Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F"

    To my surprise I discovered all Newsgroups function allright!

    I use 4 separate accounts.
    All their pop addresses are identical (copied) to those of my Desktop computer.

    Any clues?
    Maria

    Maria, Jun 17, 2004
  6. Maria

    Maria Guest

    Netscape reports:"An error occurred with the POP3 Mail Server. You should contact the administrator for this server or try again later."

    Outlook Express reports:
    "Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for
    this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity.
    Account: 'I T M', Server: 'pop.cablewanadoo.nl', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110,
    Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F"

    To my surprise I discovered all Newsgroups function allright!

    I use 4 separate email accounts.
    All their pop addresses are identical (copied) to those of my Desktop computer.
    Same problem; see messages above.

    Any clues?
    Maria

    Maria, Jun 17, 2004
  7. Maria

    Paul - xxx Guest

    Maria posted:
    Have you looked on your ISP's website help pages for server status ? Maybe
    their mail servers, but others are all working OK .. ;)

    Paul - xxx, Jun 17, 2004
  8. Maria

    Maria Guest

    Thank you for suggestions.

    Just now I accidentally stopped Zone Alarm on the problem Laptop - and had all
    my mail back from 4 accounts on all agents...
    Apparently ZA is blocking mail, though I cannot understand why. Mailsafe is OFF
    anyway so..
    Any clues?
    Maria

    Maria, Jun 17, 2004
  9. Maria

    Maria Guest

    Thank you all for your suggestions.

    Just now while checking I accidentally stopped Zone Alarm on the problem Laptop -
    and had all my mail back from 4 accounts on all mailclients...

    Maria, Jun 17, 2004
  10. Try loading the news.grc.com NG's, and directing the question to the
    'software' group. There's *always* stuff going on in there about ZA, and I'm
    sure someone there will be able to help you.

    Norwegian Formula, Jun 18, 2004
  11. Maria

    Maria Guest

    Thank you, looks good!