    Why does Power Point open it in one computer, but in the other?

    How do I fix configuration?

    Roger

    meteore, Nov 24, 2011

  2. meteore

    housetrained Guest

    "meteore" wrote in message

    Hi,

    I have Power Point installed on two computers. One in windows 7 and
    the other in windows vista.

    Emails attachments with .pps open in the windows 7, when clicked on.

    In windows Vista when attempting to open, It gives me message Photo
    gallery cannot open. File format is not supported.

    Why does Power Point open it in one computer, but in the other?

    How do I fix configuration?

    Roger

    in vista right click on the pps icon and select open with if PowerPoint is
    not shown browse through to the PowerPoint and select it to be the default.
    housetrained

    housetrained, Nov 24, 2011

  3. Your File Associations are hosed up. There are several ways to set this
    back.

    1. Right click the file and choose Open With, then scroll the list and
    select Powerpoint, then check the box to make the is the default action if
    such a box is available.

    2. In Windows Explorer, click Tools>Folder Options, then under the File
    Types, locate the PPS extension and set the file type to Powerpoint.

    Jeff Strickland, Nov 24, 2011