    Suggestions on what might be wrong appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Chris

    Chris, Jul 15, 2006

  2. Overheating perhaps? Usually stock computers come with minimal heat
    dissipation components

    GeorgeDubyaRulez!, Jul 15, 2006

  3. Chris

    granade32 Guest

    It sounds like a Hard-Drive issue, with the clicking, but not - not
    turning on. Is the computer turning on, just not the monitor?

    Update us..

    granade32, Jul 18, 2006
  4. Chris

    Chris Guest

    Update on emachine not working: The computer doesn't turn "on" because when
    I plug the power cord in, it immediately starts clicking and the yellow
    light on the front flickers on and off, as if in sync with the clicking
    sound. The monitor remains blank when I plug the computer in. Since the
    monitor doesn't light up, I can't shut it off in the usual way.
    It was recently moved from one room to another, but worked fine in the other
    room for several days. Then suddenly the above symptoms began.
    I may open it up and see if there's any obvious loose wires, etc., but if
    there's not I guess I'll take it to a shop.
    I really appreciate the feedback and look forward to more if anyone has any
    other ideas.
    Chris

    Chris, Jul 18, 2006
  5. Chris

    StinkyPlant Guest

    Ok, so if the computer isn't turning on, then it could be a number of
    things. Test a different powersupplie, if you dont' have another to
    test, pick up a psu tester. If thats not the problem, then your getting
    into Motherboard issues.

    StinkyPlant, Jul 19, 2006