    this startup item cleanly?
    TIA
    Solar^

    Solar^, Sep 14, 2004

  2. Solar^

    °Mike° Guest

    Msconfig is a DIAGNOSTIC tool, and should NOT
    be used to permanently disable programs.

    Now, how about giving some details about the
    program involved?

    °Mike°, Sep 14, 2004

  3. Solar^

    Solar^ Guest

    Thanks for the reply . It loads a proxy server for Windows (XP Home
    SP1 is my version), but also launches itself with a large splash
    screen which is not necessary for the proxy server prog to be
    executed. I unchecked the main program in MSCONFIG and the proxy
    loaded just fine.
    'nough said?
    Regards
    Solar^

    Solar^, Sep 14, 2004
  4. Solar^

    Paul - xxx Guest

    Solar^ vaguely muttered something like ...
    Doubtful ... WHAT PROGRAM "loads a proxy server for Windows" ?

    --
    Paul ...

    (8(|) Homer Rules !!!

    Paul - xxx, Sep 14, 2004
  5. Solar^

    °Mike° Guest

    Some programs have command parameters that disable
    splash screens, but unless you are forthcoming with the
    name of the program, how can anybody help you?

    °Mike°, Sep 14, 2004
  6. Solar^

    Solar^ Guest

    Sorry, the name of the program is GhostSurf. I did eventually find a
    way to eliminate the problem. Thanks for the replies.
    Solar^

    Solar^, Sep 14, 2004
  7. Solar^

    John Holmes Guest

    Solar^ came up with this:
    So, briefly, people here are actually trying to help you and you come up
    telling us you found "a way to eliminate the problem" without telling
    what you did?

    People say that you are the perfect idiot. I say that you are not
    perfect, but you are doing alright.

    John Holmes, Sep 14, 2004