    I'd be interested in other views and conclusions. If you have Elements
    3, how do you like it?

    Colin.

    Colin D, Nov 25, 2004

  2. I never had PSE2, just other image manipulation software. I have to say
    that I'm very pleased with the feature set of PSE3 and usability in
    general. Up to now there were only few things that I didn't find quickly.

    Kind regards

    robert

    Robert Klemme, Nov 25, 2004

  3. Colin D

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Colin,
    I think you need to spend a bit more time with PSE3. Initially, the
    new interface seems to be more in the way than a benefit, but you will
    find that it is useful if you will spend the time to make friends with
    it. The more I use it, the better I like it. The action of the healing
    brush is not at all like the clone tool, which is still available for
    those things it does better. I find the ability to scan several
    pictures at once and have them straightened and written to individual
    files automatically well worth the update price, for this feature alone.
    I am still trying to learn to use the organizer functions productively.

    Ron Hunter, Nov 25, 2004
  4. Hi Colin,

    << I'd be interested in other views and conclusions. If you have Elements
    3, how do you like it? >>

    I have PSE 2, 3. and PS8 (CS). Use the latter two nowadays.

    PSE3 also has the Shadows and Highlights adjustment, Bicubic sharpening, the
    Healing brush, Filter gallery, Cookie cutter and things I'm still finding. It
    doesn't have Actions or Curves.

    For the money -- PSE3 lists for $90 vs $649 for PS8 -- it's a real bargain and
    very powerful editing program.

    Best,

    Conrad

    Conrad Weiler
    Camp Sherman, Oregon

    Conrad Weiler, Nov 25, 2004
  5. Where is "Curves" in PSE2 ? (I found it better than "Levels" for some
    images.) It's in PS6 (Ctrl +M) and so far I haven't found it in my copy of
    PSE2.

    Thanks

    Malcolm Stewart, Nov 25, 2004
  6. I have elements 3 and it is a keeper.
    I used to run elements 2/photoshop album 2 together so basically I am used
    th the elements 3 setup.
    It is a little different from the earlier versions but so far I really like
    the program.
    Yes, there is a learning curve but the benefits are worth it.
    I do alot with digital images and this program suits me.
    I really don't need photoshop as elements does about everything I need it to
    do.

    Charles Eaves, Nov 25, 2004
  7. Colin D

    Himm Guest

    After a couple weeks I love it and would not go back to 2.0. Just give
    yourself some time with it.

    Himm, Nov 25, 2004
  8. Colin D

    Kevin Sinn Guest

    There is no "Curves" feature in PSE2.

    Cheers,
    Kevin

    Kevin Sinn, Nov 25, 2004
  9. Colin D

    Aerticeus Guest

    Adaptability is an identifiable trait of human beings.

    Are you human?

    Aerticeus

    Aerticeus, Nov 26, 2004
  10. Colin D

    Al Dykes Guest

    Did Adobe improve the web album generation in PE3 ?

    Compared to PS8, the web album generation in PSE2 is a disapointment.

    Al Dykes, Nov 26, 2004
  11. Another interesting sidelight -- the default setting is 50 for multiple undoes
    in PSE3. Even from the Edit menu you can now do multiple undoes.

    Nice addition in the image size window -- bicubic sharper now in PSE3.

    Best,

    Conrad
    Conrad Weiler
    Camp Sherman, Oregon

    Conrad Weiler, Nov 27, 2004
  12. Having just upgraded to PSE3, on the whole I like it.It has the
    advantage of dealing with 'raw'.However, the 'organiser' thingy annoys
    Me and I much prefered the File browser in '2'. Another problem is
    that when I tried to print a contact sheet, it would not open half the
    files claiming that they were in a format it didn't recognise..even
    though they were all JPEGS! I had to reload version 2 just to enable
    contact prints. Any ideas?

    peter clarkson, Nov 27, 2004
  13. I've got both 2.0 and 3.0 on my machine. I think 3.0 is a piece of crap.
    This is another example of software companies re-inventing the wheel and
    jazzing it up to make you think you're getting something more useful for
    your hard earned money. I think it is also complicated and hard to get
    around in it.This was $100.00 down the toilet for me. It is too
    cumbersome,overbloated with features I will probably never use. You've
    got my thumbs down vote on this one also. (Sorta reminds me of ACDSee
    software. . . .the same crappy overbloated
    interface. Ths simpler these programs were in the beginning the better
    they were to use and navigate, and they were also faster in a lot of
    ways too.

    Richard

    Richard Carlson, Nov 28, 2004
  14. Colin D

    Ron Hunter Guest

    You are welcome to your opinion, but it seems the majority of users
    disagree with you. I am quite pleased with PSE3, even though I am only
    beginning to explore all the new features. I suspect that any change is
    objectional to some users who only want their old comfortable program to
    use. As for $100 down the drain, with rebates (when they arrive), I
    only paid $45.

    Ron Hunter, Nov 28, 2004
  15. Colin D

    Ron Hunter Guest

    I agree. Haven't loaded up PSE2 since installing PSE3. Even works
    great on my notebook. Still climbing the learning curve, but I like
    most of what I see.

    Ron Hunter, Dec 1, 2004
  16. Colin D

    Colin D Guest

    Thanks for all the replies, guys, you've convinced me to give it a longer
    run. I'll have to ignore all the pretty bits and see if I can drive it a bit
    better.

    Colin

    Colin D, Dec 1, 2004
  17. Colin D

    Ron Hunter Guest

    You might start by just having the program open to the standard editor
    for a while, until you decide you might want to explore the facilities
    of the organizer and the quickfix/autofix features. You might feel more
    comfortable in the editor, even though it too is much different.

    Ron Hunter, Dec 1, 2004
  18. <grrrrrrrr> I'd have to pay the equivalent of $120 for it, since I don't
    have a billing address in an English-speaking country. And there's no
    upgrade option offer, either.

    So shall I pay the price?

    I do have PE2, but it's the Japanese version that requires a completely
    Japanese system to run correctly.

    Louise Bremner (log at gol dot com)
    If you want a reply by e-mail, don't write to my Yahoo address!

    Louise Bremner, Dec 1, 2004
  19. Colin D

    Big Bill Guest

    I honestly dont see how we can tell you that. It's up to your own
    position; does 3 offer enought to you to spend the money to upgrade
    over 2? That's the question you need to answer for yourself.
    I dont see a downloadable trial available; there is one for Paint Shop
    Pro 9:
    http://www.jasc.com/products/?
    Click on Downloads.
    Good luck!

    Big Bill, Dec 1, 2004
  20. Colin D

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Move? I guess $120 is cheaper than moving....

    Ron Hunter, Dec 1, 2004